legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
My brother bought a passport 500GB(2.5 HDD inside) and and when i bought my computer and put the front usb port on the firewire(It's what i think) on the mother board, my bro said it's dead or burned by the firewire... After a year, it's still hasn't worked when my SD card worked(Didn't work for months after i put it in the USB SD reader)... Does anyone know how to make it works?

Well if you tried plugging in the USB header into the firewire port on the motherboard- it's highly possible the HDD is gone.

Does the HDD work in any other computer? Does it make a sound (any sound, clicking, that type of thing) when you plug it in?

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
The HDD doesn't work it others, the light lit on and spin as with clicking noise(spinning noise too) for a second or so than stop but still spins... The device http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136301 but have a different USB plug, I opened it up and nothing is wrong with it, it's not working,

So are you trying to say the it's like a 2.5 HDD where there's sata plug on it if i take the board that controls the HDD?