Not responding errors

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Hello my first post here in order to find a solution in my problem. My pc is this:
PSU: Thermaltake 500W
MB: Asus P5P43TD PRO
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2,66Ghz (stock cooler)
RAM: 1 x Kingstone 2Gb 1333Mhz
GPU: Ati Sapphire HD5770 Vapor-X 1Gb OC
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1Tb

My problem is that when i run a programme after a few minutes it stopes responding for one minute then it runs perfectly. In games i have sudden drop in fps and freezes several times. I have done many things to test my system but i didnt find the problem. First of all i formated but it didnt fix. I runned the memtest from the windows rescue disc and the WD diagnostick tool but they didnt find any errors.

All fans and hardware are clear and i have checked and the tempratures and they are normal.
The demperature is not the problem because when i open my pc and enters in windows it freezes there for a min and then its ok until i open my next programme so it will freeze again.

Well, you have only 2GB system memory with Windows 7 using Superfectch. You might try clicking Start and typing in 'resource monitor' in the search box. Open the system resource monitor and click on the memory tab. This should show how much of the 2 GB is in use which is likely all of it depending on the tasks at hand the system is processing. Doubling the system memory to 4GB should solve any 'stalling' or writing to disk due to non sufficient system memory problems.

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Ok i agree with that and i know tha 4Gb will be better but this problem occured 3weeks ago and i have my pc one year.. also it is not respnonding only on games.. when in idle with closed all programes win7 consume 500mb of ram. Then i open the I.E it freezes and says not responding.

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
i formated 3 days ago.. system is clean.. and i use tuneup utilities 2010 everyday.. its hardware problem

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
The GPU i dont think that has a problem since i had the same problem before changing to this one.(i had an ati hd4670)..
About the CPU, its rare to cause a problem while i havent overclocked it or do something else.
I have done some checks to the RAM-HDD-PSU but i didnt found anything wrong.
Only the MB i dont know how to test.Also i want to mention that when i shut down the pc and turn off the psu and then turn on the pc again it always wanted me to setup the date/time in bios. Idid a CMOS and that problem solved. So i think that MB has something wrong. How can i check this???

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
What you are describing looks like you are having TDR issues. It may happen even when your computer is at idle.

What CCC are you on ? I had the same issue but recent CCC releases resolved the issue in my computer. CCC 10.8 is good.

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
i have the 10.8 ccc version.
The problem seems to get worse. Right now when i click anywhere to check something it doesnt responding. It gets a while and thes runs ok. I want to open the music folder and when it opens it frezees. Thats realy annoying

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
You did not say whether the problem is there or not.

Which make and model wireless mouse did you plug in ? Microsoft or Logitech or what and what model ?

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
no nothing changed... Also i want to mention that my front panel power led is burned. So maybe a past electricity break damaged the mb..

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
You should recheck all cable connections before you condemn the motherboard. Front panel power led may go off due to an early failure or a city electricity surge may have caused a damage as you say.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Did you check the cable harness as I advised ? Pls let me know if you do the things I suggest. Otherwise, I cannot be sure.

If you checked the cables and connectors and they were O.K., then pls inspect the motherboard for signs of burned components or bulged capacitors ? If an electricity surged damaged the motherboard, it should have left traces of itself.

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
all cables are fine and and the mb is perfectly clean....
i want to say tha i placed the mouse in different usb and played a round in LoL and it didnt freeze.. it was luck or problematick usb?

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Test your mouse for some time until you are sure it does not freeze.

Sometimes you may observe anomalies in the operation of USB devices. Unplugging the device and simply plugging it back into the same or different USB port may resolve the issue.

I hope the issue is gone forever for you.

TRENDING THREADS