Help with Overclocking Gigabyte GTX 670 standalone MSIAfterburner

O g blayzie

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
It's been a long long time since I've played around with overclocks. I currently have a gtx670 the one with the 3 fans from gigabyte.

I'm not sure what settings to have it at.

I've only played around with it today and this is the settings so far

Core voltage - greyed out

power limit - 100

core clock - +100

memory clock - +100

I'm not trying to overclock this card to the very edge of its capabilities but I do want to push this bad boy a decent amount close to its maximum capabilities

Any answers or explanations or anything will be very helpful. thanks!

Edit: I've got extremely excellent cooling in my case and a Thermaltake TR-500PCAU TR2 500Watt. 80+ Bronze PSU

I've got a very good gaming cpu, ram and motherboard ( my cousin is an electrical engineer and he knows hes stuff about pc's and he says i have a very good cpu ram and motherboard

I have the Windforce with the three fans. The settings I use on a daily basis are +83 and +500 the memory on these cards is insane I pushed it to +800 and it worked fine just did not want to run it that way all the time. As for the +83 I noticed it boosts higher and stays there longer at a lower core clock when I bump it up to +100 it boosts about 70 less not sure what that is all about and prob makes little diffrence in the long run. My boost gets to about 1280 I have not seen mine go over 1300 like some people have. I am gaming on 3 screens so I am very happy about the memory OC as I am quite sure it is taking full advantage of the extra kick that gives something like an extra 10gigs a sec good stuff.

Thent