Antec 25 kuhler h2o 620 temp readings

discboy321

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Hello everyone. :) Just installed a "Antec kuhler h2o 620" and realized there is no program that came with it for accurate temp readings. When I use "CPUID HWMonitor" I just get "0'C (32'F)" across all 4 cores. I have a AMD Phenom II x4 980 in a Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Mobo. Could this be correct ? Is there another program I could use for process temp readings ? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thx in advance. :D

Solution

You can always use a laser thermometer, they sell for under $20 on NewEgg....That way, you don't even have to really move to get the temps....Or most fan controllers have temperature probes that you can place in the area you want to monitor....

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
When it comes to air or liquid cooling, you cannot cool below ambient room temperature, so that should be your first indication that something is amiss. Most people use CoreTemp, SpeedFan or RealTemp. I haven't used HWmonitor, but I haven't heard much about it being 'bad'...although you wouldn't see sub-ambient temps unless you have a cooling solution that allows it.

discboy321

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Interesting is that in my BIOS it says that the "current cpu temperature is 29°C" but using the Gigabyte program "EasyTune 6" it is 35°C which is off of about 8°C. However I do not get any reading using "CoreTemp or SpeedFan".

discboy321

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I do have "HW monitor" and use it. It has the same temps as the "EasyTune 6". I was wondering if there is not a physical temp gauge that I can install right next to the cpu or vicinity.

blaze2210

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

You can always use a laser thermometer, they sell for under $20 on NewEgg....That way, you don't even have to really move to get the temps....Or most fan controllers have temperature probes that you can place in the area you want to monitor....

Solution