Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Why would someone get this case?

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
February 9, 2010 12:33:48 PM

Probably because they could, but read the reviews (your link) from those you bought it from newegg, and you may gain some insight on why they bought it.
Score
February 9, 2010 9:08:17 PM

Why not, it is just money. Newegg gave one of those away recently (I think it was the combo below it, or something like that).
Score
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
February 9, 2010 9:23:20 PM

treefrog07 said:
Probably because they could, but read the reviews (your link) from those you bought it from newegg, and you may gain some insight on why they bought it.

I found the reviews of the people who reviewed it w/o owning it a bit more insightful. :) 

Might as well ask why people spend $150 for an ounce of Beluga Caviar (ewww.....fish eggs)
Score
February 9, 2010 9:41:29 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
Might as well ask why people spend $150 for an ounce of Beluga Caviar (ewww.....fish eggs)
Because it's friggin DELICIOUS! And it makes for the occasional "spoil yourself" treat.
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
February 9, 2010 10:12:21 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
I found the reviews of the people who reviewed it w/o owning it a bit more insightful. :) 

Yes, but they don't answer the OP question about "why they bought it?" :pt1cable: 

I've been thinking about a new rig: X58, i7, 5870, etc., but it's not anything I need, or even want enough to spend $1500 to buy!
Score
February 10, 2010 4:52:05 AM

treefrog07 said:

mama told me not to believe what is written in newegg's reviews.
Score
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
February 10, 2010 3:56:09 PM

No. newegg reviews can be very useful. You just need to know how to read them.

First, total the one and two egg reviews. If there are more than 20% or at most 30% bad reviews, skip the product.

Then read the bad reviews. They will fall into three categories: those written newbs and "don't have a clue" people, those who found shortcomings that may or may not apply to you, and those that indicate a truly bad product. Pay close attention to the second and third categories.

Here's a good example (personally relevant to me) of review inflation: the 81% 5 egg rating for the Antec 900 case. I would give it no more than 4 eggs because of the truly awful cable management. And I own three of them - all modded ... for better cable management.
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
February 10, 2010 4:33:05 PM

daggs said:
and why would one pay 900$ for it, it is clearly not made of gold...

just to have one. these are a lot of the same people who will be trading in their crossfired 5870s for a pair of SLIed Fermi cards in a month or so.
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
February 10, 2010 4:45:27 PM

jsc's reading of newegg reviews is very similar to what I do, but I don't read reviews where the reviewer didn't purchase from newegg - how do I know that they even own it? Are they fanbois?
Score

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
February 11, 2010 12:31:24 AM

I don't think I've bothered to do a review on newegg. Even though the majority of stuff I get is from there.
February 18, 2010 5:33:45 AM

Best answer selected by Daggs.
Score
February 23, 2012 1:27:38 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!