PC Will not wake from sleep after RAM overclock

Ok so just upgraded to this Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB and i am having a problem when i put the computer to sleep, it freezes upon waking up and will either display a black screen or freezes at the log on screen. I know it has something to do with the OC, because it will run fine and wake fine when running @ 1500mhz but when i enable XMP @ 1866 is when it starts having this problem. The weird thing is its only affecting the sleep, the computer is still prime95 stable and memtest86 passed 3 times with no errors (while running at 1866). XMP is automatically setting all the timings and settings correctly as far as i can see but if i need to post pictures of my BIOS let me know. Any help is appreciated

The first pic is stable and will wake from sleep, the second is stable until i put it to sleep and then it freezes on wake

3 answers Last reply
More about wake sleep overclock
  1. I'm currently having the same issue with 16gb Corsair 1866Mhz memory on an ASUS M5A97 board. The unit sleeps fine normally, but has sleep issues when I run the memory at the speed and timings it's rated at using the BIOS DOCP settings. The unit doesn't really go to sleep as the fans continue to run. When I try to wake it up the PC seems to turn on but I get nothing on my screen. The unit runs completely fine at the 1866Mhz speed except for the sleep issue. The memory runs at 1333Mhz before I manually change the settings in the BIOS. Any help on this would be appreciated!
  2. I got it fixed what you need to do is Disable XMP and set 1866 9-9-9-27 2T manually for the timings, 1.55V on the ram, all other timings at auto, IMC +0.1V (should be 1.1v by default so set to 1.2v)
  3. i concur. slightly up the voltage on the ram. also consider poacing a fan over your ram.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Overclocking Computer Product