Newly built PC wouldn't boot

afa2k

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Greetings to you all. so i went through the check list that you gave me but unfortunately,my PC still wouldn't boot. I connected it to a monitor and i get no response.The light on the monitor's power switch only blinks as if it is on stand by.
Also the CD ROM refuses to open.i wonder why.
pls i also wish to know how to test the AVG for any problems. The motherboard didn't come with the regular VGA port attached to it so i'am using the one on the video card instead. Hope to hear from you soon .thanks.

afa2k

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Actually the computer turns on perfectly well.All the fans are spinning.The problem now is connecting it to the monitor.
After making sure that all the nessary cords are hooked up correctly,i turned on the computer for the very first time and it came on with no difficulty.Next, i tried connecting it to a monitor using the VGA port on the videocard and that is where i got stuck. i can't even get the monitor to respond to the pc. my specs are as follows.....

-Foxconn 648xfm-s sis 648fx socket 775 matx motherboard w/LA

- Pentiun 4 530J 3.0 Ghz HT 1MB 8000MHz lga 775 cpu SL7PU

- Lead power 600W 20+4- PIN Dual-fan atx power supply w/SATA

- Samsung 512MB DDR RAM PC- 3200 ECC Registered 184-pin DIMM

- Intel socket 775 copper core/Aluminium heat sink and 3.5 fan

- E- GEFORCE 5200 AGP 128MB VGA TV OUT 250MHZDX9 64BIT CORE 250W REQ CTLR[/i] - 19 belkin internal IDE Dual hard Drive Ribbon cable