Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best Black CPU Cooler?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
November 3, 2012 4:14:12 AM

I had been waiting for the Dark Rock Pro 2 to release in the US for a few months now and I will be buying a new cpu cooler to replace my Hyper 212+ for my 2500k on black friday or cyber monday. I want to get one thats black so that it would match my color scheme. Are there any other cpu coolers that are black that are as good as the Noctua NH-D14 or better?

More about : black cpu cooler

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 3, 2012 4:30:31 AM

+1 to gorz recommendation and as far as better then NHD-14 there is only two aftermarket cpu coolers that can out preform NH-D14 and that's debatable
m
0
l
Related resources
November 3, 2012 4:50:13 AM

Do you guys know if it would be worth paying the extra cash for the Dark Rock Pro 2 from Amazon UK or is the Phanateks a better cooler?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 3, 2012 4:56:00 AM

The_Assassin said:
Do you guys know if it would be worth paying the extra cash for the Dark Rock Pro 2 form Amazon UK or is the Phanateks a better cooler?
Well i work part time at a mom and pop type computer store and i test all the coolers and what not but we have never had Dark Rock Pro 2 and i have not seen any reviews comparing the two so i don't know to be honest bud.
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 5:32:16 AM

bigcyco1 said:
Well i work part time at a mom and pop type computer store and i test all the coolers and what not but we have never had Dark Rock Pro 2 and i have not seen any reviews comparing the two so i don't know to be honest bud.

Don't know if you live in Europe, but Be Quiet! Is a European only brand. Could explain why you have never seen one in your shop. Here is two reviews that had the two coolers in the comparisons.
http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/cooling/heatsinks/3...
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4753/be_quiet_dark_roc...
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 3, 2012 5:41:38 AM

gorz said:
Don't know if you live in Europe, but Be Quiet! Is a European only brand. Could explain why you have never seen one in your shop. Here is two reviews that had the two coolers in the comparisons.
http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/cooling/heatsinks/3...
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4753/be_quiet_dark_roc...

Facepalm that explains why we never had it in stock i live in U.S. and thanks for the links to reviews. :) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 3, 2012 5:54:12 AM

@ the OP, No it wouldn't be worth it. The Phanteks is a very nice cooler, I'd go with that, if you have the room.
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 6:03:30 AM

+1 to gorz

Get the phantec.
m
0
l
a c 106 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 3, 2012 9:43:33 AM

Corsair H100...

It's black and it will cool your cpu more than any air based cpu cooler available..

well, this is best black cpu cooler..
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 239 K Overclocking
November 3, 2012 1:13:27 PM

Back in Black!

And no I don't mean AC/DC

With the right 120mm fan combination this Black edition TRUE will out perform the Noctua NH-D14.

Quote:
CPU Temperature Results:

These comparative tests below were run with my 2500K overclocked to 4500mhz @ 1.325v with one 580GTX at 23c ambient.
The 4 core temperatures were averaged together for one total score.

Air Cooling;
Noctua NH-D14, Idle = 32.75c, Load = 54.75c
Thermalright 120 Extreme 2 fans in push/pull, Idle = 32c, Load = 51.75c


I ran these tests myself using pair of Scythe Slipstream 120s on the TRUE, in the Exploring Below Ambient Water Cooling Thread.
m
0
l
!