Motherboard

daskx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I had put together a computer a while back and at this point the computer wont start up. When everything is plugged in it beeps twice then the power starts to flicker. Ive tried a different power supply as well and nothing seems to help.

What is the ASUS MOBO model? What is the memory part-number? What changes, if any, did you make to your system? Why did you replace the PSU?

One continuous beep followed by two short beeps then a pause (repeated) No memory detected.

If a PSU faults it can effect {damage} other components.

daskx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Its a ASUS P6T - motherboard - ATX - iX58 - LGA1366 Socket. I havent replaced anything. It was working fine. It beeps twice really fast and then the power supply flickers and it turns on and off quickly. When it doesnt flicker nothing appears on the screen.

^ I still need the RAM part-number. Also, what exact PSU model installed. As much information as possible about you system is required to determine a cause.

Just reading partial info "flicker" it could be a bad PSU or partial short or a poorly mounted component, etc.

I need the PSU model to determine adequate power and number of rails, DDR P/N to determine compatibility, MOBO P/N - otherwise it is guessing behind a curtain.

daskx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Power supply - HEC / Zephyr / 650-Watt / ATX / Dual Fan with Blue LED / 20+4-Pin / SATA-Ready / SLI-Certified / Active PFC / Power Supply

DDR3-1333 Triple Channel Memory

I couldn't find the part number for the mobo.