Radeon HD 4830 Problems

amplex007

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
I bought the HD 4830 for my pc about a year ago. Installed it fine and worked great up until a few days ago, when I decided to try the ATI overdrive feature. I let it adjust the settings automatically, but when I went to try Crysis on very high settings,there were blue and red squares flashing all over the place.

This freaked me out so I went back and restored the factory defaults. Crysis worked fine. However, when I went back to play Battlefield Heroes, I noticed that whenever I move around, buildings, textures, etc appear really jagged and blurry. Gives me a really bad headache to play more than 15 minutes. When my character stands still, everything's fine.

Anyone know what the problem is? I tried turning AA all the way up but that didn't change anything. Thanks!

P.S. BTW, when I start up the pc I hear a rattling/grinding sound. Could this have anything to do with it?

aberchonbie

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
The autotune function in CCC most likely overclocked your 4830 too high.. You're gonna want to turn down the overclock and test it yourself while playing games..

You should clean out your computer as well and check for dust that's been accumulated on the card fan/heatsink..

Also, make sure you have good airflow in your case..