Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Games
  • Crysis
  • FPS
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 2, 2010 1:44:30 AM

Hello, I purchased crysis a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it a lot, when I first started the game I could run it fairly well that is for me. I would be able to play it with 1400x900 with high settings with 20-30fps but usually would turn em down to medium to get better fps, I am on the 5th level and now the fps is going down a lot, I cant get 30fps even at lower settings.. Every other game I can max out and get really good fps but not in crysis.

Any ideas?

AMD X2 5600+ 4GB DDR2 800, 9800GT, 7200RPM 32mb cache

More about : fps crysis

a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2010 2:43:10 AM

It might be poor coding on Crytek's part or it might be that that level is more demanding as I remember when I got to the snow level I took a huge drop in FPS.
m
l
a c 273 U Graphics card
February 2, 2010 3:02:49 AM

If that is the snow level a single 9800GT is going to want to run away and hide.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2010 3:26:21 AM

Mousemonkey said:
If that is the snow level a single 9800GT is going to want to run away and hide.

That level kills with a single 9800gt. I had 2 8800gt at the time and I still had to lower the resolution and details during the snow level. Also I remember that some levels ran better than others, so again the poor coding and just the poor optimization in general is causing you FPS drops meaning that crysis is a total resource hog.
m
l
a c 273 U Graphics card
February 2, 2010 3:47:29 AM

anonymousdude said:
That level kills with a single 9800gt. I had 2 8800gt at the time and I still had to lower the resolution and details during the snow level. Also I remember that some levels ran better than others, so again the poor coding and just the poor optimization in general is causing you FPS drops meaning that crysis is a total resource hog.

Touché dude, duel 8800GT's and an E8400 and still it slowed down not as badly as the last bit but still not a pleasant experience all in all.
m
l
February 2, 2010 5:05:36 AM

ok great, I figured that it was just the level, its actually the 4th and 5th one, and in every other game I can max everything at 1680x1050 and its fine, I really dont feel like I need to upgrade my system because every other game that I have played so far has ran great. I will upgrade if there is a game that I want to get into and requires a faster computer. I just built this rig for like 350$ so im pretty satisfied..

Thanks for your help everyone!
m
l
February 2, 2010 5:58:56 AM

you guys are right, I just loaded a saved game from the first mission, my fps was really good I noticed that slowly as the levels go by the performance goes down and down
m
l
a c 273 U Graphics card
February 2, 2010 6:35:38 AM

vexun11 said:
you guys are right, I just loaded a saved game from the first mission, my fps was really good I noticed that slowly as the levels go by the performance goes down and down

With another 9800GT you would start with a higher FPS count so as it goes down and then up (and then down again) it would be less noticeable but only less so.
m
l
a c 107 U Graphics card
February 2, 2010 1:55:01 PM

Put the graphics detail to medium, and lower the more CPU intensive settings like particles, or at least overclock your CPU to deal with it ^_^.
m
l

Best solution

February 2, 2010 3:16:10 PM

vexun11 said:

Is level 4 called the Awakening??

I had a similar problem as you however my FPS didn't go from 50 to 20, it went from 50 to 1 and the game started to skip and freeze. Prior to level 4, the game ran perfectly with all graphics set to high.

What fixed my problem was loading an older driver. Are you running the latest driver? I had to downgrade to the Nvidia driver releaed in August 2009 and now the whole game plays perfectly with all graphics on high and Anti Aliasing set to 2x. I am getting 45-60fps average.

Nvidia just came out with a bunch of driver releases last month and I don't Crysis likes any one of them.

Good luck.
February 2, 2010 4:38:07 PM

Ok good to know, thank you
m
l
February 9, 2010 1:36:47 AM

Best answer selected by vexun11.
m
l
February 9, 2010 6:32:03 AM

Also I forgot to mention one important detail lol..

I lost the cd to crysis so I have to run a ISO and I can't get it to run 64 bit, so would running it 32 bit be a performance decrease??

im running w7 64 bit and have a X2 5600+ 64 bit and 4gb ddr2. am i not getting full use or would it not make much of a difference with my video card
m
l
!