Sapphire HD 7950 overclocking with ASUS GPU Tweak?

ratrab

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Hi there.I have a Sapphire HD 7950 : http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1442&psn=&lid=1&leg=0 and i want to overclock it but i dont have any information about overclocking.So i searched this article on internet and found that ASUS graphic cards has a program to overclock.I have a question can i use ASUS GPU Tweak to overclock this card ? I want to increase my GPU Clock from 810 MHz to higher value 860~950MHz.Any advice ?
this is my GPU-Z screen :
h8e.png

ASUS GPU Tweak :
gputweak.jpg

Solution
You should have no problem. Some people have experienced certain programs causing issues because they are buggy. For example some people avoid OC'ing with afterburner 2.5 beta(2.5 or 2.2.5 or something like that). If you have stability problems I would just bump the voltage up a bit. 950/1500 isn't super high, you may just want to drop the memory clock down some and see if that fixes it.

Uberperson

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012

There is a good chance it will work just fine, most people(including me) use different brands of software. For example I have a Gigabyte 7950 wf3 and use MSI Afterburner for overclocking. Also many people use the Trixxx software as well. I have no experience with the ASUS software though. The only function I see not working would be an auto-overclock, although I don't know if that program has that.

ratrab

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012

So i have no problem to O.C my Sapphire HD 7950 with other programs.And I also used ATI Catalys overclocking system but thats not a good program for overclocking because after i set GPU clock to 950mhz with 1500mhz memory clock and 20% more power setting played a movie with media player and it has lags and played frame by frame.so you

Uberperson

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
You should have no problem. Some people have experienced certain programs causing issues because they are buggy. For example some people avoid OC'ing with afterburner 2.5 beta(2.5 or 2.2.5 or something like that). If you have stability problems I would just bump the voltage up a bit. 950/1500 isn't super high, you may just want to drop the memory clock down some and see if that fixes it.

Solution