Sign in with
Your question

Used Gaming PC price

Last response: in Systems
February 9, 2010 6:27:57 PM

I wasn't entirely sure where to put this, my apologies is this isn't the place.

I built myself a mid-range gaming rig 5 months ago, but as time wears on I don't really play games much anymore and college has started demanding challenges that require me to have a laptop over a desktop. So, I've decided to start looking into letting my pride go and selling my pc in exchange for a laptop. The problem is, I have no idea how to price it.

AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE 3.6GHz
Gigabyte GA77OT-UD3P (Capable of unlocking 4 core units after I flashed the BIOS)
EVGA Nvidia GTX 280 and it's lifetime warranty
OCZ StealthxStream 700watt (first one burned out, OCZ sent me a replacement literally a week ago with a new 3 year warranty)
250GB 7200rpm (small storage, I know)
4GB G.Skill 1333 DDR3 RAM (16GB Max on Motherboard)

21.5 in ASUS 1920x1080 HD monitor
Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

That's the basic computer. Anyone have a suggestion for pricing? I'll probably throw it up on ebay or craigslist, I'm just not very good at gauging used items.

Thanks in advance

More about : gaming price

a b B Homebuilt system
February 9, 2010 6:38:47 PM

How is it possible to be in college and not play games anymore? You're doing it wrong.
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
February 9, 2010 6:39:19 PM

How much RAM? What's the case? Any extras included? What OS?

What you've given is about half of the build...

The typical rule of thumb I use is what you paid for it, take half of that and add a little for the labor. So probably about $500-600 as a starting point.
Related resources
February 9, 2010 6:41:16 PM

Not sure why I didn't think to add anything else, if I'm getting a laptop I suppose my screen and keyboard are useless to me as well, I'll edit it.

I still plan on gaming, just need some portability as well. I'll have to sacrifice my GTX 280 for something lower end on the laptop I imagine. 220m seems to be the big thing right now?
February 9, 2010 6:42:52 PM

sell the individual parts on Craigslist.

lookup the items on Newegg.com, find the current value, then subtract about 35% from the current value and post it on craigslist, viola!
February 9, 2010 6:51:16 PM

You might be able to get 700 w/ that monitor. That's what its worth but I've seen less sell for more.
February 9, 2010 6:58:28 PM

Thanks, I'll test the waters and see what comes up. If that fails, I'll subscribe to the idea of selling it component by component. Thanks again.
!