Used Gaming PC price

I wasn't entirely sure where to put this, my apologies is this isn't the place.

I built myself a mid-range gaming rig 5 months ago, but as time wears on I don't really play games much anymore and college has started demanding challenges that require me to have a laptop over a desktop. So, I've decided to start looking into letting my pride go and selling my pc in exchange for a laptop. The problem is, I have no idea how to price it.

AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE 3.6GHz
Gigabyte GA77OT-UD3P (Capable of unlocking 4 core units after I flashed the BIOS)
EVGA Nvidia GTX 280 and it's lifetime warranty
OCZ StealthxStream 700watt (first one burned out, OCZ sent me a replacement literally a week ago with a new 3 year warranty)
250GB 7200rpm (small storage, I know)
4GB G.Skill 1333 DDR3 RAM (16GB Max on Motherboard)

21.5 in ASUS 1920x1080 HD monitor
Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

That's the basic computer. Anyone have a suggestion for pricing? I'll probably throw it up on ebay or craigslist, I'm just not very good at gauging used items.

Thanks in advance
6 answers Last reply
More about used gaming price
  1. How is it possible to be in college and not play games anymore? You're doing it wrong.
  2. How much RAM? What's the case? Any extras included? What OS?

What you've given is about half of the build...

The typical rule of thumb I use is what you paid for it, take half of that and add a little for the labor. So probably about $500-600 as a starting point.
  3. Not sure why I didn't think to add anything else, if I'm getting a laptop I suppose my screen and keyboard are useless to me as well, I'll edit it.

I still plan on gaming, just need some portability as well. I'll have to sacrifice my GTX 280 for something lower end on the laptop I imagine. 220m seems to be the big thing right now?
  4. sell the individual parts on Craigslist.

lookup the items on Newegg.com, find the current value, then subtract about 35% from the current value and post it on craigslist, viola!
  5. You might be able to get 700 w/ that monitor. That's what its worth but I've seen less sell for more.
  6. Thanks, I'll test the waters and see what comes up. If that fails, I'll subscribe to the idea of selling it component by component. Thanks again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems