Sign in with
Your question

Which motherboard should I get?! Need help!!!

Last response: in Motherboards
September 17, 2010 7:51:53 PM

Hi,

I recently started designing the build for a new PC, it will be my first build (which I have designed solely by myself) and needed to know a good motherboard. I am using a Radeon 5770 graphics card, HAF 932 case (though i doubt that would change the motherboard) and an Intel i5 760 processor (1156), other than that, I haven't chosen anything.

My question is, I need a good motherboard for around £100 (not too much more) which will allow for all of these things. I though about the ASUS P7P55D, but a lot of reviews said that the BIOS needed upgrading and I don't know the first thing about this, so I'm looking into getting another board.

Any suggestions will be helpful!

Thanks in advance :) 

More about : motherboard

a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2010 8:25:20 PM

Is this build going to be purely for gaming.? How about an AMD recommendation then.! Btw, the Asus P7P55D series constitutes some of the finest P55 chipset based motherboards..
Related resources
September 17, 2010 8:36:10 PM

Thank you both of you. It's going to be used primarily for gaming, but also for large video editing and microsoft programmes, don't know if AMD chips would compare to Intel ones on that?

Think I'm going to go for the first one Xaira recommended, should suit everything I need (unless AMD do a better chip/motherboard)

Thanks
September 17, 2010 9:11:34 PM

I recently built an i5 750 build with a XFX Radeon 5770 and went with the P7P55D model motherboard and have had no problems. Keep in mind there are many variations on the P7P55D board all with small differences.

It was cheap at the time and served the purpose for the gaming machine I was building. As for updating BIOS, Asus makes it very easy with their BIOS EZFlash program. Basically you run it through windows, it seeks the newest updated bios online from the asus website and upon restart, will have updated your bios.

However, I am not in a position to necessarily say which is better. The gigabyte board that xaira has posted is highly reviewed and should serve your use. I just wanted to post my own experience with the P7P55D... and I have had no problems.

!