Sign in with
Your question

Audio Driver With Adjustable Settings for Dell GX620

Last response: in Windows XP
September 26, 2012 7:02:19 AM

Does there exist an audio driver with adjustable settings for the Dell Optiplex GX620 with Windows XP?

OR, is there a way to open such a control panel in the one and only available driver called R97809

I can see an image icon in this R97809 folder called CPApp which stands for Control Panel Application, and even has a picture of a graphic equalizer, but it's nowhere to be found........
a b \ Driver
September 26, 2012 7:14:43 PM

What settings do you want to adjust?
September 27, 2012 6:02:16 AM

PhilFrisbie said:
What settings do you want to adjust?

A graphic equalizer is what I need. Something where I can adjust the Hz or set a preset setting like Rock or Pop etc. It's not essential, but it bugs me because it should be there.

Other Soundmax driver control panels have, well they have control panels. So what's up with this dell ADI 198x Integrated Audio?
Related resources
a b \ Driver
September 27, 2012 8:04:27 PM

Dell may have chosen to use a more basic driver for ease of support. Have you tried any non-Dell drivers for that chip?
September 28, 2012 5:46:04 AM

That's exactly what I'm trying to do.

Trying to find an ADI 198x Integrated Audio driver for AC97, Sound Blaster emulation keeps failing with messages like "your system does not support this" etc.

There must be some sort of add-on I can install, somewhere in the far reaches of the web.
a b \ Driver
September 28, 2012 6:43:39 PM

durhamf said:
That's exactly what I'm trying to do.

Trying to find an ADI 198x Integrated Audio driver for AC97, Sound Blaster emulation keeps failing with messages like "your system does not support this" etc.

There must be some sort of add-on I can install, somewhere in the far reaches of the web.

Aha! Now I understand. Some audio chips support a Sound Blaster emulation mode, but generally that mode needs to be enabled in the BIOS. If your BIOS does not have the option to enable SB support (it might also be labeled as legacy sound support), then you are probably out of luck.

I had the same problem with a VIA sound chip; my BIOS did not support enabling the SB emulation, so I ended up putting an old SB card in a machine I use for DOS development.
September 29, 2012 9:33:10 AM

Yes in bios all I can choose is audio enabled yes/no

So, perhaps you could help me choose a small form factor audio card to search for. I just hope there isn't any system specific baloney like I have to go through to get new RAM.
!