240mm Rad with GPUx2 and CPUx1?

killer_klownz

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
Will I be able to water cool 1 3770k @ 4.8Ghz and 2 GTX 680's using 1 240mm Radiator?

This is my first water cooling project and I have a Corsair 500r. I really want the 3770k @ 4.8Ghz but the GPUs overclock don't really matter to me. I don't really have a price limit and I really don't wanna have to make any case mods. I have 1 SSD and 2 HDD's. I can remove a hard drive rack if needed.

Please answer if possible.

Solution
Well, in initially planning, this works, but it depends on depth and how you can actually mount those rads in regards to clearance to your MB and one another, especially the top rad and the back 120mm...that's going to be pretty tight of a fit. And, you'll have to squeeze the front 240 in there, but it might work.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
With an overclocked i7 and two GPUs spitting out around 200w @ stock speeds?

Should seriously consider a 240 + 360 rad...240 + 240 at minimum, but this isn't likely going to fit into the plan if you don't want to mod the case. Not sure if you can squeeze that much rad into that case. Maybe a thick 240 and a thick 140 or a thick 240 and a good 200mm?

killer_klownz

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
I don't think i'll be able to fit all this in my case. I think i'll just drop the 2 680's from the water cooling. I'll just water cool the CPU.

Now would you recommend to just buy an H100 or a custom loop? I still wanna have the i7 @ 4.8GHz.

Custom Loop Parts:

Radiator - Link
Res + Pump - Link
Kill Coil - Link
CPU Water Block - Link
Tubing - Link
Fittings - Link

thequn

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2012
You can Try an external rad it might be something to think about because two gtx 680 is a lot of extra noise. Water cooling everything would lower temps and fan noise. As for the H100 Sure it will work but it will run hot. and you need a push pull with high power fans which will make it loud and kinda defeat the idea.

killer_klownz

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
What if I were to have 2 240mm rads? One on the top and on in the place where the hard drive cages are at?
image.php

My only concern is that the res+pump I want takes 2 5.25 optical bay thingys and if I take out the hard drive bays I know I will have to put my HDDs somewhere else. I have 2 HDDs and 1 SSD. Do you think I can put res+pump and the 2 HDDs in the optical bays and have the SSD somewhere else?

thequn

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2012
that is two bays for hard drives removed correct? just remove one the bottom one and lay the rez on the bottom of the case. you could also get a 120 too add to the back where the exhaust fan is.

killer_klownz

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012

Okay, what if I were to do this.
The green represents the radiators I would put in it. On the top and front of the case would be 240mm and he back one would be a 120mm rad.
The red hard drive racks I would remove and put my harddrives in the orange spots. 2 HDD's in the optical bays and 1 SSD near the PSU.

It's a Samsung 830 so it would look nice. :)

And the purple would be my pump+res combo.

500r_side_open_1%20finished.png

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Well, in initially planning, this works, but it depends on depth and how you can actually mount those rads in regards to clearance to your MB and one another, especially the top rad and the back 120mm...that's going to be pretty tight of a fit. And, you'll have to squeeze the front 240 in there, but it might work.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS