Sign in with
Your question

Can not rename drive

Last response: in Windows 7
October 18, 2011 6:26:40 AM

Hello,
My computer have two harddisks I rename the second hardddisk (windows not installed in this drive)but the name that I have rename appear in disk management but not appear in windows explorer

More about : rename drive

October 18, 2011 12:34:35 PM

Hi,

If this is showing in Disk Management and not showing in my Computer so this space is unlocated so you need to make partition of this space then it'll show you in Windows Explorer......
a b $ Windows 7
October 18, 2011 12:40:38 PM

Start >type diskmgmt.msc

Right click the unpartitioned spaces and hit create partition.
It will partition, format, and assign a drive letter.

Right click the unpartitioned spaces and hit create partition.
It will partition, format, and assign a drive letter.
Related resources
October 19, 2011 5:19:27 AM

purushottamaher said:
Hi,

If this is showing in Disk Management and not showing in my Computer so this space is unlocated so you need to make partition of this space then it'll show you in Windows Explorer......

For your information, I have made partition of my harddisk on base of windows xp and I have connected this hardisk to windows 7. Since then I can not rename my harddisk, name of that harddisk not appear in general tab
October 29, 2011 6:20:57 AM

I I have made partition of my harddisk on base of windows xp and I have connected this hardisk to another computer which has windows 7 operating system. I try to rename the second add harddisk that I have added,which have two partion, but I can not able to rename any of them but the name which i have rename can be seen in disk management but not in windows explorer
!