Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Automatic fan control help (repost)

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
November 4, 2012 1:07:38 AM

I am kinda on a time constraint, so sorry I am reposting

hello everybody :hello:  , I will be purchasing an antec 1200 v3 case and i will be adding a 2 fan radiator outside of it. My problem is that i will need to control 8 fans automatically and individually. I know for a fact that almost all motherboards can't support this, and that most fan controllers are not automatic(that control 8 fans)

I will accept any suggestions

thank you :na: 
November 4, 2012 7:37:06 PM

I don't want to be rude, but does anybody have any ideas, because time is kinda running out
m
0
l
a c 90 K Overclocking
November 4, 2012 8:03:44 PM

I think what you are looking for is tricky at best - looking at fan controllers and controller hubs, I'm not finding much that'll control that many fans automatically (you knew that). This Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT USB Fan Controller has some promise but is pricy
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13696/bus-271/Aquacom...
or perhaps the Sunbeam 30W Rheosmart 6 Channel Smart Fan Controller
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/reviews/12481/bus-247...
pretty much in any event, you would need to split up the fans (some connected to mobo, some to controller) or use splitter cables
Probably not much help but about the best I can come up with
m
0
l
Related resources
November 4, 2012 8:21:00 PM

C12Friedman said:
I think what you are looking for is tricky at best - looking at fan controllers and controller hubs, I'm not finding much that'll control that many fans automatically (you knew that). This Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT USB Fan Controller has some promise but is pricy
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13696/bus-271/Aquacom...
or perhaps the Sunbeam 30W Rheosmart 6 Channel Smart Fan Controller
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/reviews/12481/bus-247...
pretty much in any event, you would need to split up the fans (some connected to mobo, some to controller) or use splitter cables
Probably not much help but about the best I can come up with

The problem with the sunbeam 30w Rheosmart 6 is that I kinda don't know how to hook it up. and i don't have any sensor input
m
0
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
November 4, 2012 8:23:28 PM

Y splitters for your fans.

This will let your board control 2 fans through 1 3/4 pin connecter. :) 
m
0
l
November 4, 2012 8:34:14 PM

amuffin said:
Y splitters for your fans.

This will let your board control 2 fans through 1 3/4 pin connecter. :) 

but what if i want to record each fans individual rpm?
m
0
l
November 4, 2012 9:43:07 PM

I was reading about the Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT, and it seems to be a great controller, but they all say that it is a pain in the a** to work.
m
0
l
November 4, 2012 10:13:38 PM

any other suggestions?
m
0
l
a c 90 K Overclocking
November 4, 2012 10:23:41 PM

I actually got that impression just by looking at it
m
0
l
November 4, 2012 10:25:35 PM

C12Friedman said:
I actually got that impression just by looking at it

haha dude ya
m
0
l
November 4, 2012 11:05:42 PM

can i control 8 fans with the amptron FC Touch?
m
0
l
November 5, 2012 3:32:14 AM

If i hook up two fans to one port on the amptron FC touch, what do the rpms read?
m
0
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
November 5, 2012 5:37:24 AM

ahvav said:
but what if i want to record each fans individual rpm?

If they are the same fans then they will run at the same speed.
m
0
l
November 5, 2012 5:48:06 AM

amuffin said:
If they are the same fans then they will run at the same speed.

Man I feel dumb
m
0
l
!