dan4u518

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
hi,guys..well i m new to this community as well as with hardware stuff too..i have hp dv7-1245dx n all sudden screen went black so i googled it n find some video about heating video card..so took it apart n did tht..after tht it worked fine for about couple of hours and then it went black again..now this time when i press power button no led lights come on..fan dont spin either..no beeps nothing..power lights come on for like 2-3 secs..n ths about it..it dont do nothing...does this mean i fried my mobo??

Could be. I went through the same thing with my Compaq after 6 moths use. Luckily being under warranty I was able to return it and they repaired it.
In my RMA report I suspected a dead motherboard and they confirmed this when they sent it back.
I had experienced overheating prior to the failure, but being a new laptop user I thought it was pretty normal. .

When I got the machine back, the first thing I did was purchase a fan for the lappy. It appears to help a lot, but I believe some of that is simply elevating the machine so air gets under the bottom of the case. The fans themselves are pretty weak. If I were to do it again, I would spend a bit more and get a quality unit from Antec or some such.

I'd say go ahead and start the rma process, it takes a while.

dan4u518

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
thanks guys for reply..wamphryi yes i did check PSU....it was 1st thing i did...n took a good look at my mobo and everything looks fine..no burn or bent capititors or anything like that...so what do you think guys what should i do next...