$2400.00 Gaming System - Build Advice

nova64

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE:
3/1
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (e.g.: newegg.com, amazon, tigerdirect, local microcenter Westbury NY.

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type (would like to us a Asus Premium P6X58D Motherboard, Windows 7 ultimate)

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe - want to start with one Video Card

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (Best Recommended res for 24" monitor)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: (Looking for something great out of the box, but can expand upon later. Primary use is for gaming. My budget is around 2400 but am flexible in either direction. Interested in a Raid 0 setup, or perhaps a SSD Drive with 1 TB secondary drive, again, that can be something i add later on as well) Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,

Nova64

February is when Intel intro's new CPU's , cuts prices and all the other component vendors (i.e. MoBos) intro their new stuff to match. In the next 4-6 weeks, we will have new cases, new PSU's, new MoBo's, new CPU's, nVidia's GFX cards will drop ..... I'd put the brakes on for a few weeks.... and take advantage of the new designs as well as price drops.

For example, you might be thinking of an Dark Fleet case, w/ an SG-1200 and a Rampage 3 Extreme MoBo and a Intel 980 but ya can't buy any of them till 3rd week in March (at least)