1. Is it worth getting another R4670 to crossfire in the short-term?
2. Thoughts on the SSD? I threw this in there primarily for installing Win 7 on it and a few other frequently used apps.
3. Any reason I might want to consider going to the Win 7 32bit?
3. Anything else I'm forgetting or other thoughts?
Even though it's a gaming build, the games are not very demanding.
1. Nope. IMO, you should get a HD 5770 & forget crossfiring, but before you do, try out your old card in the new rig. If it's ok, stick to it.
2. No SSD. Budget is too low.
3. Nope, get 64bit.
4. If it were me, I'd dump the old rig. Use the savings + your budget to get a decent gaming rig with AMD Phenom X4. Most likely you'd have about $1000 to spend. And HD 5850. Overkill for gaming? Yep, but you won't have to upgrade it for a while. The reasoning behind this is that none of your usage requires i7 920.