Just curious

cuzo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hello,
I bought this video card for e-bay.The seller advertised it as a Redeon x850xt and the tag on the card says that,but it does not have the plasic shrowd leading out the back and the transitors on the board are in different places from every other pictured x850xt I see. how can i know if this really is a x850xt card? I have apicture i can post of it.not sure if that is possible in this fourum. Thanks

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

Install the card and download GPUz and see what that program says about the card.

cuzo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
I was hoping to find out before going though the trouble of changing out the cards.
ie..delteing old drivers installing new..Is there any other way besides doing that? did they make this card with different fan configurations?

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

Each board manufacturer can add/modify features of a card. That includes the cooling, the fan positions, etc. There should be somewhere around the card something to point to a series or whatnot.

cuzo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
There are numbers near all the little chips and a box with patten numbers in it. there is a sticker on the card with a s/n on it but anyone can stick a sticker on anything

TRENDING THREADS