T2 FM: The Ritual - hint needed

I searched the Google archives and found a good thread on this mission, but
all the people seem to be farther along than me.

I have the well key, but when I go down there what to do? There is the
haunt. One short tunnel leads to a grate. The other is a long swim that
seems to end with a room full of dead people. But then what? I didn't find
anything down there to take. There is a big rock and just past it an iron
grate.

What am I supposed to do down there and how do I get out? And how do I open
the gate to the catacombs?

- Adam

nightwalker

"AgentAlbert" <agentalbert2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I searched the Google archives and found a good thread on this mission,
but
> all the people seem to be farther along than me.
>
> I have the well key, but when I go down there what to do? There is the
> haunt. One short tunnel leads to a grate. The other is a long swim that
> seems to end with a room full of dead people. But then what? I didn't
find
> anything down there to take. There is a big rock and just past it an iron
> grate.
>
> What am I supposed to do down there and how do I get out? And how do I
open
> the gate to the catacombs?
>
> - Adam

There's another hole in the cave full of dead people that you're missing.
It's to the left of the hole blocked by the big rock and it slants slightly
upward.

Nightwalker

--
**Remove "leavemealone from my email address to reply.**

nightwalker

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> > Nightwalker
>
> Will you be buying Thief3, Nightwalker ? Or sticking to FMs ?
>
> rms

I'll have T3 as soon as I can find it up here. :) I just called the
computer store and they're hoping it will be in their shipment tomorrow but
they can't guarantee it since we're up in the back of beyond. I'm dying to
try it and went out and bought a new Audigy 2 ZS sound card to replace my
old sound blaster so I can experience more of the fantastic sound I've heard
they've got in the game.

I was not very optimistic about the game until I started reading the reviews
that people who love Thief posted, like Digital Nightfall and a review I
read at the Gone Gold forums. Now I'm dying to try it!

Nightwalker

--

"Nightwalker" <nightwalkerfmleavemealone@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> I'll have T3 as soon as I can find it up here. :) I just called the
> computer store and they're hoping it will be in their shipment tomorrow
but
> they can't guarantee it since we're up in the back of beyond.

Where is "the back of beyond"? Canada? lol

- Adam

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

> I'll have T3 as soon as I can find it up here. :)

I'm hoping they will have it here today, but tomorrow at the latest.
I'm still annoyed that there is no place selling Thief t-shirts.

rms

> "Nightwalker" <nightwalkerfmleavemealone@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>
> > I'll have T3 as soon as I can find it up here. :) I just called the
> > computer store and they're hoping it will be in their shipment tomorrow
> but
> > they can't guarantee it since we're up in the back of beyond.
>
> Where is "the back of beyond"? Canada? lol
>
> - Adam

Yes, Canada. Not anywhere near a big city, though. Have you ever looked
Thunder Bay up on a map? We're pretty isolated from any other reasonably
large cities and Southern Ontario tends to forget we're up here. :)

Nightwalker

--

> "AgentAlbert" <agentalbert2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Nightwalker" <nightwalkerfmleavemealone@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> >
> > > I'll have T3 as soon as I can find it up here. :) I just called the
> > > computer store and they're hoping it will be in their shipment
tomorrow
> > but
> > > they can't guarantee it since we're up in the back of beyond.
> >
> > Where is "the back of beyond"? Canada? lol
> >
> > - Adam
> >

> Yes, Canada. Not anywhere near a big city, though. Have you ever looked
> Thunder Bay up on a map? We're pretty isolated from any other reasonably
> large cities and Southern Ontario tends to forget we're up here. :)

Wow, you are up there. Must be cold. I just looked at your weather for the
year. You don't exactly have blistering summers!

Hey, back to the game, if I can. I need another hint on Ritual. I found
Merimee, and dropped her off by the gate into the catacombs, thinking I'd
find a key somewhere. Haven't yet. I got the seliquary. I've got 1120 in
loot, but need 1200. I got the stuff in the chests after the water trap,
found the goblets on top of the little dome with the levers, and got the
gold thing in the area with the giant masks. What treasure am I
overlooking? Down where the elevator went, I found a switch in the ceiling,
but didn't see what it opened.

How do I get out of this place?

- Adam

nightwalker

> > Yes, Canada. Not anywhere near a big city, though. Have you ever looked
> > Thunder Bay up on a map? We're pretty isolated from any other reasonably
> > large cities and Southern Ontario tends to forget we're up here. :)
>
> Wow, you are up there. Must be cold. I just looked at your weather for
the
> year. You don't exactly have blistering summers!
>
> Hey, back to the game, if I can. I need another hint on Ritual. I found
> Merimee, and dropped her off by the gate into the catacombs, thinking I'd
> find a key somewhere. Haven't yet. I got the seliquary. I've got 1120
in
> loot, but need 1200. I got the stuff in the chests after the water trap,
> found the goblets on top of the little dome with the levers, and got the
> gold thing in the area with the giant masks. What treasure am I
> overlooking? Down where the elevator went, I found a switch in the
ceiling,
> but didn't see what it opened.
>
> How do I get out of this place?
>
> - Adam

You're missing treasure down where you found the switch in the ceiling. I
can't remember exactly what it opens but I think it's a room at the end of
the hallway past the room with the switch. I seem to remember loot in there.
I don't have a loot list for this mission, I'm afraid, so I can't help much
there.

I DO know that there is a bug that sometimes occurs. If you get Merrimee
before you have all the other objectives completed and set her down to go do
other stuff, she'll sometimes disappear and is nowhere to be found so you
can't complete the mission.

The way out is the gate close to the spot where you came up out of the
water. There are two pressure plates, on in a small alcove on each side. You
can go find stuff to push them down or just dump Merrimee on one and stand
on one yourself, then grab her after the gates open and get out before it
closes.

Nightwalker
--

> > > Yes, Canada. Not anywhere near a big city, though. Have you ever
looked
> > > Thunder Bay up on a map? We're pretty isolated from any other
reasonably
> > > large cities and Southern Ontario tends to forget we're up here. :)
> >
> > Wow, you are up there. Must be cold. I just looked at your weather for
> the
> > year. You don't exactly have blistering summers!
> >
> > Hey, back to the game, if I can. I need another hint on Ritual. I
found
> > Merimee, and dropped her off by the gate into the catacombs, thinking
I'd
> > find a key somewhere. Haven't yet. I got the seliquary. I've got 1120
> in
> > loot, but need 1200. I got the stuff in the chests after the water
trap,
> > found the goblets on top of the little dome with the levers, and got the
> > gold thing in the area with the giant masks. What treasure am I
> > overlooking? Down where the elevator went, I found a switch in the
> ceiling,
> > but didn't see what it opened.
> >
> > How do I get out of this place?
> >
> > - Adam
> >

> You're missing treasure down where you found the switch in the ceiling. I
> can't remember exactly what it opens but I think it's a room at the end of
> the hallway past the room with the switch. I seem to remember loot in
there.
> I don't have a loot list for this mission, I'm afraid, so I can't help
much
> there.

Going back, I see I already got that loot from those three chests. I flipped
the lever before looking at that area, so I never realized that a gate had
been blocking off that room until I experiemented with the lever just now.

There is a large metal door that I can't open. That's up on the second
level, near the Hammer area. Is there a switch for that?

- Adam

nightwalker

> > You're missing treasure down where you found the switch in the ceiling.
> > can't remember exactly what it opens but I think it's a room at the end
of
> > the hallway past the room with the switch. I seem to remember loot in
> there.
> > I don't have a loot list for this mission, I'm afraid, so I can't help
> much
> > there.
> >

> Going back, I see I already got that loot from those three chests. I
flipped
> the lever before looking at that area, so I never realized that a gate had
> been blocking off that room until I experiemented with the lever just now.
>
> There is a large metal door that I can't open. That's up on the second
> level, near the Hammer area. Is there a switch for that?
>
> - Adam

I must admit I don't really remember. There's a walkthrough here:
http://www.3dactionplanet.com/thief/t2/info/fm/ritual/Ritual_Walkthrough.html
Maybe you can identify which door that is from in and how it opens.

Nightwalker