Sign in with
Your question

Antec Kuhler 620 Fan replacement

Last response: in Overclocking
November 4, 2012 4:29:02 PM

Hello everyone...

I just recently purchased an Antec Kuhler 620 in plans of overclocking my i5 3570k to 4-4.5 Ghz... I was thinking of replacing the stock fan. Do you have any recomendations of a radiator fan I could use?

Also I am using an NZXT Phantom Full tower and I was wondering if I can use the rear case fan to be a pull fan on the Antec radiator :D  ...

Any suggestion would be appreciated...
November 5, 2012 11:45:01 PM

I thought I would get help by posting help... I guess I have to figure this out myself.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 5, 2012 11:51:57 PM

Uh, the kuhler uses a standard 120mm fan. It says so right in the spec sheet. For good fans you can read some reviews as to how they perform relative to your personal preferences. (price/performance/noise)

Its all subjective I don't mind loud fans as I have a decent headset and don't really use speakers.

I guess I would recommend the Gentle typhoons or some other good static pressure fan.

If you are going to mount it horizontally do not get regular ball bearing fans as they die extremely fast and make more noise when mounted horizontally
m
l
Related resources
a c 148 K Overclocking
November 6, 2012 12:09:17 AM

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

Quote:
I tried replacing it with an 88CFM fan, which generated more perceived air flow and certainly more noise, but actually slightly less performance. It's not clear if just any 3-pin fan will work with Antec's unique fan speed control system, and it would be nice to see some information from Antec on this
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 6, 2012 1:45:31 AM

Wow really? Thats indeed very interesting. I wouldn't have guessed they would use a custom fan header. Guess I should look before I leap.
m
l
November 9, 2012 8:08:47 PM

Thanks for the reply guys.
m
l
!