Older LGA 775 motherboard recommendations

I am looking for a replacement motherboard for my HTPC. I need something Intel LGA 775 that will support a Celeron D (352). It must have SATA and a PCIe slot. I have 1 GB of DDR2 533, and 512 MB of DDR2 533 as well as 1 GB of DDR 667 and 512 MB of the same, so support for either speed would be great. I would prefer onboard digital audio, but this is not a huge issue, as I can always add a card if necessary. microATX form factor. This is pretty much all i need.

Since these are "legacy" specs, it's hard to find something in the primary market where items are fully detailed and reviewed. Therefore, I am flying blind in the secondary market without specific model numbers.

Anyone have any suggestions to investigate?

I am open to replacing both CPU and mobo, but do not want to have to buy different RAM.

Thanks

PK
3 answers Last reply
More about older motherboard recommendations
  1. Sure, if i had the budget, i would without a doubt get new RAM to go with that new motherboard and new CPU. Heck, why not get a new case as well?

But i don't. I am looking for cheap alternatives here. The current hardware is not necessarily "holding me back". It is working reasonably well for its function. I just would like to add a bit more RAM, and the current motherboard is being flaky about it, so i thought i would look into replacing it. Why throw the baby out with the bath water?

PK
  2. Don't laugh...it's an emachine. It was free, OK? It is a T3516A with an ECS RC410-M motherboard. I installed a GeForce 7300 LE PCIe video card (also free).

I have tried nearly every combination of 1 GB DDR2 667 and 512 MB DDR2 667, 1 GB DDR2 533 and 512 MB DDR2 533 and I cannot get this thing to recognize more than 1 GB of RAM, even though every resource says it should.

I thought that an extra 512 MB to 1 GB would give me a nice little boost.

Anyway, I already have $30 in unusable RAM pumped into this thing so thats why at this point I am considering replacing the mobo, IF i can reuse all of the other components.

PK
  3. I don't think a barebone will help keep costs down. I don't need a case, or power supply. Really, then only component that is an issue right now is the motherboard.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Support