Sign in with
Your question

Retention kit for Asus Sabertooth x58 Mobo

Last response: in Overclocking
November 4, 2012 7:21:14 PM

Hello I own a Thermalright Ultra-120 heatsink with a 1366 retention kit. just recently I bought an Asus Sabertooth x58 motherboard (1366 socket) but the retention kit I own is just a bit smaller and will not fit on my new motherboard. I want to keep the Thermalright Ultra-120 and wanted to know if anyone knows of a retention kit i could purchase that will fit on both the Sabertooth x58 and the Thermalright Ultra-120. I was looking at the other accessories via the Thermalright website and came across the AXP-LGA1366 Bolt-Thru-Kit and LGA1366 Bolt-Thru-Kit Rev.B. It seems that the AXP-LGA1366 Bolt-Thru-Kit is the best solution for my problem, but since the website does not have the exact length of the kit's peices, there is no sure way of knowing that those kits will fit either. I figured since the motherboard was a 1366 socket, any retention kit made for a 1366 would fit :(  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
November 7, 2012 4:44:33 AM

" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />
" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

this is the backplate. is this the correct length for a 1366 backplate? now im starting to believe it isnt. i have sent emails to thermalright, but have not yet gotten a response.
m
l
!