Your question

Help

Last response: in Windows XP
September 26, 2012 9:38:39 PM

Hello,
how do i get rid of alot from my pc??

More about : question

September 27, 2012 12:46:33 AM

Alot of what? files?; Delete or Remove them from the computer burning them to CDs/DVDs.

Useless files?; Temporal files, Logs, MRUs, Internet Temp files, etc.? install CCleaner, clean the computer, and and configure CCleaner to do regular cleanups.

Remove unnecessary programs.
m
l
October 4, 2012 2:59:27 AM

Chicano said:
Alot of what? files?; Delete or Remove them from the computer burning them to CDs/DVDs.

Useless files?; Temporal files, Logs, MRUs, Internet Temp files, etc.? install CCleaner, clean the computer, and and configure CCleaner to do regular cleanups.

Remove unnecessary programs.

Hi, Thanks for your response. I guess I was not giving much info. Alot is a program driven by google that overtook my homepage and I don't know how to remove it from my system. Do you know of this Alot? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Lulu
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 5, 2012 3:23:07 AM

lulubb1 said:
Hi, Thanks for your response. I guess I was not giving much info. Alot is a program driven by google that overtook my homepage and I don't know how to remove it from my system. Do you know of this Alot? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Lulu

Well, there you have your answer from Area51.. the last link he posted leads to easy instructions to remove the Alot toolbar...

If you're having trouble changing your homepage from the Control Panel\Internet Options,.. try with a quick and easy registry hack...

Registry Hack to Set Internet Explorer Start Page
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/registry-hack-to...

And once you have set your preferred homepage, if you want to protect it, disable the setting so nothing can change it. This registry hack should even work if you want to keep the Alot toolbar but want your own homepage. Once this is done, not even you will be able to change it from the Windows GUI so save the hack for future use whenever you want revert the setting. Either save a link to the registry edition in the Registry Favorites menu, or save the webpage in .htm or .mht format, or print it.

How to disable or enable homepage setting in Internet Explorer
http://www.techiecorner.com/8/how-to-disable-or-enable-...
m
l
!