Problem H55M-UD2H stopped working?

gentile1960

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
I built a system 3 months ago using H55M-UD2h mother board. Used all standard BIOS settings, no overclocking. I just want stable system. Yesterday it locked up in WIndows 7. After power down nothing appears on the screen. The CPU fan runs, PHASE LEDs all come on for 16 seconds. THen the FAN and LEDs turn off for 5 seconds. Then they all come on for 16 seconds and the cycle continues. I replaced the power supply but not change. I pulled the RAM to see if I would get the beeping sound, but I get no beep (yes I have a speaker connected). I reset the BIOS, no change. I disconnected all other devices, hard drive, DVD..., no change. To me it sounds like the CPU or the motherboard have gone bad? Any other ideas?

gentile1960

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010

I have two hard drives, a SSD intel and 2 GB drive for data. Both using SATA conectors on mother board. I use the graphics in the I5-650 CPU. My thinking is the CPU or motherboard could be bad. I am going to get both and start by replacing the CPU. If that fails I replace the mother board with old CPU. Wost case I replace both.