PCIe 3.0 and Nvidia GTX 300 Series Combo .

stimp

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I've been going through a lot of sites lately regarding PCIe 3.0 and Nvidia gf 100 series . So what i found out is that most of the reviewers think that PCIe 2.0/2.1 is powerful enough to support the upcoming gtx 300 series cards (Even dual GPU configuration) . I am not sure about this , thats why i wanted to know what u guys think about it .

Is PCIe 3.0 necessary in order to unlock (overclock) the full potential of dual Nvidia 300 series GPU ...for instance take the case of gtx 395 .

Guys i really need to know this coz i am planning to buy a pc , so should i wait till 2011 for the PCIe 3.0 to release . I will be most probably going for Nvidia 300 series graphic card (Dual Setup) .

In a years time a new gpu will be out anyway. Get what you need when you need it. If you do not need it now don't get it, if you do do. It is that simple.

I do however think it is odd that you question the knowledge of reviewers yet at the same time think some random people who probably have no idea about what would cause the bandwdith to be exceeded in the first place are capable of predicting how a yet unreleased product will affect it?

stimp

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
@ strangestranger ... personally i feel better in taking a lot of suggestions into consideration rather than sticking with one or two people's word . Secondly Reviewers are not essentially genius . Anyone who knows to speak fluent english with some basic skills on that subject can become a reviewer . Even u or even me . So being a reviewer is not a big deal .

I am not talking 'bt all the reviewers but some . Reviewers i find most interesting are

3dgameman aka Rodney Reynolds

Professer Messer aka James Messer

Neways thnx 4 the suggestion :)