GeForce GTS 250 SPDIF for HDMI

dunha12345

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hello guys!
I'm new here in community, and I think that you guys can help me with a problem before I do something stupid hehe
Well, recently I've got a new TV that have HDMI connection, and the first thing I did is conect my PC by the HDMI connection (using DVI to HDMI adaptor). When I connect the HDMI cable to TV, the sound is disabled. I think that is because HDMI connection make default the audio of graphic card... but nvidia cards don't have integrated audio in the card like ATI, and doing one little research I figured out that all cards of serie 9xxx or newer has one SPDIF in to receive the audio and pass to HDMI cable. Here is the part that I need the help of you guys, in the card I see the two pins for SPDIF, but in the motherboard the SPDIF OUT is 3 pin (one 5v, one gnd and one positive)... what pins I use to do this connection? Someone here already do this ?
Thanks (Sorry if my english is bad, I know that i need to improve.. but I don't use google translator!! rsrsrs)

G

And I have the same problem, the cable of graphic card has 2 holes and mothetboard has 3 connectors and I do not know where to put the cord. I have evga GTX 260 graphics and ASUS P5Q TURBO motherboard.

G

I have just enabled mine through a trial-and-error test.

Look at the 2-pin connector. Insert the non-GND wire to the 5v and the GND wire to the GND.

Mine was a GTX275 & an ASUS P5KPL-CM. Hope it works for you too.