computernewb

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
hi. which brand of SSD is the highest quality? Some brands that im familiar with are ocz, crucial, kingston, intel. However, i know these brands from other computer parts. I was wondering which brand makes the highest quality SSD?

thanks! :hello:

i am having a gret time with my crucial m4 128GB.it's a bit(just a bit IMO)slower than other competitors but is extremely reliable.other great SSD makers are kingston(hyperX),mushkin,samsung and corsair.OCZ SSDs are worst IMO.Mushkin enhanced deluxe or sammy 830 is my recommendation.

vitornob

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
As per a signed contract between Intel and Sandforce maker.
Intel have the highest quality (better bins) from sandforce chips. They have too some exclusive firmware advantages.. To have that Intel pays a good amount of money, and they surely will make you pay a lot compared to others manufacturers.

fizzle22

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I recently bought a 128GB Samsung 830. In terms of reliability, speed, and price, it is an excellent option. $200 out the door with a free copy of Batman Arkham City if you're into it.

Intel is probably top of the line. If you can afford it then go for it. I have read reviews about OCZ SSDs failing within a month or two, though the newest ones may be more reliable.

thessdreview

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Wow...lots of Intel love here considering the drive was just released. Admittedly, Intel has done a great deal of validation on the drive but if we are looking for the most reputable SSD right now, reputation for the drive since release might be a great factor to consider.

LordConrad

Distinguished

Intel sells other SSDs besides the 510, all of which are very reliable.