Sound on board... VIA or REALTEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
myself using an asus board with VIA.

it has a nice optical spdif out which works flawlessly.

For digital (spdif) though, either is fine, since in digital mode the sound chip does not actually touch the sound.

really either sound chip is fine these days.

as for motherboard, I like to go with ASUS, they have always served me well, never broken, although that might be lucky. im hearing mixed reports.

Ive had over 5 ASUS boards, and not a single one has ever broken, whilst my first Gigabyte board broke within a year.... not buying gigabyte again

I say ASUS, but in all honesty, go to newegg and see the reliability of your board by reviews from other people.

janxta

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Neither one, I prefer Gigabyte boards for their stability. GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard has Realtek onboard audio and it works great.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
myself using an asus board with VIA.

it has a nice optical spdif out which works flawlessly.

For digital (spdif) though, either is fine, since in digital mode the sound chip does not actually touch the sound.

really either sound chip is fine these days.

as for motherboard, I like to go with ASUS, they have always served me well, never broken, although that might be lucky. im hearing mixed reports.

Ive had over 5 ASUS boards, and not a single one has ever broken, whilst my first Gigabyte board broke within a year.... not buying gigabyte again

I say ASUS, but in all honesty, go to newegg and see the reliability of your board by reviews from other people.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.