Sign in with
Your question

Picture in monitor is off 45 degrees Windows XP

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 2, 2010 8:24:39 PM

Hello,
my desk top is turned 90 degrees CCW and I have no idea how to fix it.
a b C Monitor
February 2, 2010 8:26:42 PM

go to your graphics card drivers, you should find the ability to rotate it back to normal in there. which card company do you have? ati? nvidia?
m
l
Related resources
February 2, 2010 10:35:39 PM

Sometimes you can do it right from your desktop by right clicking, mine here at work has a Graphics Option in the menu that comes up and then a Rotation option which is where you can change it, otherwise usually in your video card options
m
l
February 3, 2010 2:45:18 PM

I'm sure its in your graphic card settings. The control panel for your graphics will allow you to turn it back.
m
l
February 3, 2010 9:52:12 PM

deadlockedworld said:
I'm sure its in your graphic card settings. The control panel for your graphics will allow you to turn it back.

How can you be sure?

It can also be a virus.
m
l
February 3, 2010 10:00:22 PM

Regardless of whether it's a virus or not, the settings to change the screen back to the right orientation should be in the graphics card settings. If there is a problem changing it or it reverts back to a wrong orientation then he can look at a virus. (if one even exists that does this)
m
l
February 3, 2010 11:02:43 PM

True the settings are there. He did not specify what sort of rotation he has.. it could be his screen that it has fallen on its side...

Regarding the virus... oh the ignorant... http://www.techpin.com/cool-fake-viruses/ and that is from eons ago... i remember i was a teenager when i first saw one on my friend's machine..

What really makes me wonder is why he hasn't responded yet. Has he solved the problem? He does not care? Why are we still posting here? ...lol
m
l
!