PC Power & Cooling Hard to Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammhardware

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Does anyone know why the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 and 750 watt (I didn't look at any of the others, it may be the case with them, too) are so hard to find? Newegg, Amazon, and Tigerdirect, all which I usually shop at, don't carry them or are out of stock. Are they becoming less popular, or are they so good that everyone is buying them? I was able to find them eventually from a little looking around, but I just wondered...

Solution
OCZ acquired PC Power & Cooling. After the acquisition things changed. As far as I know the Silencer psu's are no longer being manufactured. All that remains is left over inventory at some online vendors.

The PC Power & Cooling Silencer series power supplies were manufactured by Seasonic for PCP&P. They were among the best psu's ever made.
OCZ acquired PC Power & Cooling. After the acquisition things changed. As far as I know the Silencer psu's are no longer being manufactured. All that remains is left over inventory at some online vendors.

The PC Power & Cooling Silencer series power supplies were manufactured by Seasonic for PCP&P. They were among the best psu's ever made.

Solution

jeffredo

Distinguished
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Turbo-Cool+860&cid=6145239565056854160&scoring=p&os=sellers#

There's still a model based on that old design JohnnyLucky mentioned. Not widely available, but a few small companies have it. I love my 750W Silencer, save for the tangle of cables I'll never use (not modular).

Status
Not open for further replies.