srbarry

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Looking to do a build around a GA-X58A-UD3R with a i7 920.

I was wondering if anyone is already running this board and what memory they are using. The list of approved memory at Gigabyte is rather sparse so far.

I'm not looking for best guesses at what would work. I'm looking for people what are already running this MOBO and which memory they are using (specific model numbers please.)

Any details on the setting used and the how fast the memory is running would be very helpful.

Thanks,

srbarry

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, I'm just wondering why GB has only 1866 and up memory, most of the listings are at 2000.

I'm sure 1600 is probably the way to go, but it would be nice to hear from someone who is actually running some sticks to be sure what's working good and what oc settings are working.

It doesn't really matter what the maximum speed is. The default speed is 1333 mhz right now, and you only need to have faster sticks when you're overclocking. 1600 mhz sticks are just rated at the higher speed, and you don't really need to go much higher than that.

srbarry

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010

Thanks Nate, I know some of the Gigabyte boards can be picky with ram and I just wanted to see which ones were working good and which ones aren't.

Thanks,

Anyone else got this board? What ram are you using?

brittanyboy

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
I am thinking about using this board also. It supports the latest DO stepped processors. You may want to make sure your memory supports XMP profiles as this is an easy way to set up your overclock memory