Sign in with
Your question

AMD STOCK COOLER VS COOLERMASTER HYPER 212 EVO

Last response: in Overclocking
November 6, 2012 1:02:34 AM

So i ordered the 8350 and people are saying the heatsink that comes with is very good since it has 4 contact heat pipes. Should i stick with it or pay $25 for the evo i plan to oc to 4.5ghz without messing with voltage
a b K Overclocking
November 6, 2012 2:43:44 AM

if you're not adjusting the voltage just stick with the included heat sync
November 6, 2012 2:46:54 AM

2017526,2,927542 said:
if you're not adjusting the voltage just stick with the included heat sync[/quote
Ya sorry since you dont know how to spell sink i cant trust you
Related resources
November 6, 2012 2:48:19 AM

well there goes my reply
November 6, 2012 2:49:04 AM

abbadon_34 said:
well there goes my reply

Lol whaat was it gonna be
November 6, 2012 3:14:10 AM

i was going to agree with nna but with worse spelling. Spelling and grammar Nazi by day, but a few beers down and i just don't give a ***
a b K Overclocking
November 6, 2012 3:31:36 AM

a HSF doesn't sink heat, it removes heat produced from the CPU, so i think sync is more fitting than sink
November 6, 2012 12:31:32 PM

Like the guy above said, if your not looking to change the voltages stick with the stock and use the money on better components e.g RAM, GPU. But the Hyper 212 EVO is very good for the price and reduced my temps by 20c
a b K Overclocking
November 10, 2012 8:52:11 PM

In all honesty, I would switch it out simply because I am sure that they didn't include a CPU cooler that was both effective and quiet at the same time. I haven't seen the 8350 cooler, but I know the old Phenom units were actually fairly effective, except the fan was (literally) at 5000+ RPM to do it. For $25 or less, you could get a nearly silent, quite effective aftermarket cooler. I am running two different models by Xiagmatek right now, both on overclocked Phenom X4 125w chips. The Gaia ($20 newegg) has a 120mm fan and the Logi ($25 amazon) has a 92mm fan and is obviously a bit more compact. However, both are A+ build quality and both seem near equally effective. I don't plan on looking at any other cooler regardless of the processor unless these increase in price. The 212 Evo is by far the most popular cooler out there- and there is nothing wrong with it. However, the design is hardly unique, and there are other companies like Xiagmatek who are making similar designs that are both cheaper and benchmark as on par or even more effective than the Evo.
a b K Overclocking
November 11, 2012 4:56:59 AM

ocmusicjunkie said:
In all honesty, I would switch it out simply because I am sure that they didn't include a CPU cooler that was both effective and quiet at the same time. I haven't seen the 8350 cooler, but I know the old Phenom units were actually fairly effective, except the fan was (literally) at 5000+ RPM to do it. For $25 or less, you could get a nearly silent, quite effective aftermarket cooler. I am running two different models by Xiagmatek right now, both on overclocked Phenom X4 125w chips. The Gaia ($20 newegg) has a 120mm fan and the Logi ($25 amazon) has a 92mm fan and is obviously a bit more compact. However, both are A+ build quality and both seem near equally effective. I don't plan on looking at any other cooler regardless of the processor unless these increase in price. The 212 Evo is by far the most popular cooler out there- and there is nothing wrong with it. However, the design is hardly unique, and there are other companies like Xiagmatek who are making similar designs that are both cheaper and benchmark as on par or even more effective than the Evo.

mine never went over 3k, never over 2k unless i was pushing it
a b K Overclocking
November 11, 2012 3:50:50 PM

Stock cooler is not great , if you play games the temp will get up into the 60c+ range , plus the fan sounds like a turbo jet ready to takeoff , I use a logiysis mc3002gx on my AMD computers , keeps the temps under 53c , where the stock cooler had the CPU in the 60c range .
a b K Overclocking
November 11, 2012 4:17:32 PM

^was their 2 stock coolers manufactured, mine was perfectly fine for stock speeds... never got too loud unless i was putting alot of volts into it
!