965 Black Edition VS Core-i7 930

Which is the better buy between both?

UK Prices/Info - AMD Phenom 965 Black Edition URL:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/AMD-Phenom-II-X4-965-Black-Edition-S-AM3-34GHz-8MB-Cache-125W-Retail

UK Prices/Info - Intel Core-i7 930 URL:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Intel-Core-i7-930-D0-SLBKP-Bloomfield-45nm-28-GHz-QPI-48GT-s-8MB-Cache-20x-Ratio-130W-Retail

AMD Seems to be cheaper. I am thinking of building a computer of my own, for gaming.
7 answers Last reply
More about black edition core
  1. The i7 930 would be very much superior to the 965. But if you're on a little smaller budget, the 965 is still a great cpu.
  2. Ok thankyou.
    (I cannot select best answer for some reason. Maybe because I only created account few hours ago. When I can, I will.)
  3. I would say neither!!

I would go with the AMD Phenom II X4 955 or the Intel Core i5 750 for a gaming build. These are the best two overall chips for gaming... IMO.
  4. RuskyMalish said:
    (I cannot select best answer for some reason. Maybe because I only created account few hours ago. When I can, I will.)

You can't select a best answer because your post is setup as a discussion thread, which doesn't provide a "Best Answer". If you want to select a best answer, you'll need to edit your original post and change it a Question thread.
  5. If you are buying a gamin pc, go for amd and combine it wid ati 5000 series gpu.............
  6. AMD 965, 955, and intel i7 920, 930, i5 750 all perform relatively similar in gaming. some benchmarks the AMD wins, others intel wins, overall quite balanced.

considering similar gaming performance, then AMD is better deal considering significantly lower price, for pretty much the same performance.

I myself opted for the AMD 965, and very pleased with results.
  7. i7 930 is powerfull CPU but in gaming AMD phenom ii 965 produce very good performance ,generally very close to I7 930.
    And the price is very interested!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7 AMD