Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Msi gtx 660 ti power addition twin frozer 2 waterblock

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Power
  • MSI
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
Share
November 6, 2012 3:24:26 AM

Hello everybody :hello:  , I was looking for a waterblock for the msi gtx 660 ti power addition twin frozer 2, and i couldn't find any. I am brand new for watercooling, so i would really love to have a full block, and not a gpu cooler with heatsinks.

All suggestions are welcome :pt1cable: 

More about : msi gtx 660 power addition twin frozer waterblock

a b K Overclocking
November 6, 2012 3:39:05 AM

Hello-
In most cases the TF2 bored are not designed to be changed to water cooling- the reason behind this is that Most water cooling blocks are designed only for reference cards(original Nvida die). MSI changes a lot of composite around to incorporate there cooler. + this is a Ti so it already changes things a bit as I cant even find a water cooling set up for just the Ti.

As a back up plan the go have generic water cooling blocks you might be able to make something your self.

I found a few pics that show the heat spreader on the gpu core is gone if there was any doubt as to reference or not.
m
0
l
November 6, 2012 3:42:04 AM

thequn said:
hello- In most cases the TF2 bored are not able to be changed to water cooling-the reason behind this is because Most water cooling blocks are designed only for reference cards(original Nvida die). MSI changes a lot of composite around to incorporate there cooler. + this is a Ti so it already changes things a bit as i cant even find a water cooling set up for just the Ti.

As a back up plan the go have generic water cooling blocks you might be able to make something your self.

i found a few pics that show the heat spreader on the gpu core is gone

darn, problem is I don't know how to watercool without a full face block. May you please post the pictures?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
November 6, 2012 3:44:48 AM

the koolance GPU-200 Water Block might work for you i have seen people use them for playstations
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
November 6, 2012 3:56:45 AM

unfortunately its like water cooling your north bridge not something a first timer would do.

May I ask why you want to water cool your 660 ti? its a beautifully designed card.


I might get banned for this but here s list for the 660ti on a closes loop.

http://www.bjorn3d.com/2012/09/arctic-accelero-hybrid/ a little pricy at the bottom they show grids for your card.
m
0
l
November 6, 2012 4:54:10 AM

thequn said:
unfortunately its like water cooling your north bridge not something a first timer would do.

May I ask why you want to water cool your 660 ti? its a beautifully designed card.


I might get banned for this but here s list for the 660ti on a closes loop.

http://www.bjorn3d.com/2012/09/arctic-accelero-hybrid/ a little pricy at the bottom they show grids for your card.

I looked at it, and it is a plastic fan that the extended part covers a full premade watercooler
m
0
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
November 6, 2012 6:22:52 AM

Closed loops for the mod are around 30-40 bucks.

You wouldn't be attaching a cpu block, it's a universal gpu waterblock. It's completely different. As for sinks, those can be easily made or bought for about $6.
m
0
l
November 6, 2012 6:34:06 AM

I dont see the point of watercooling msi's versoin of the 660ti. it runs soo cool already. unless its noise that your worried about, which i still dont see how the watercooling loop would help out.
m
0
l
November 6, 2012 6:37:04 AM

footlong96 said:
I dont see the point of watercooling msi's versoin of the 660ti. it runs soo cool already. unless its noise that your worried about, which i still dont see how the watercooling loop would help out.

I would like to overclock, but not to the extreme
m
0
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
November 6, 2012 6:47:02 AM

Then stick with the TF cooler. It can handle extreme oc's.
m
0
l
November 6, 2012 7:00:26 AM

amuffin said:
Then stick with the TF cooler. It can handle extreme oc's.

oh ok, but how loud is it?
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
November 7, 2012 4:12:04 AM

oh dear and here i assumed you had one- they are much better then a stock fan noise- ill get this real list. give me a few...

ok got its 38 dBA, at full load so about 5 over the sound of a D5 pump.
m
0
l
November 7, 2012 5:11:56 AM

thequn said:
oh dear and here i assumed you had one- they are much better then a stock fan noise- ill get this real list. give me a few...

ok got its 38 dBA, at full load so about 5 over the sound of a D5 pump.

Haha ya, I guess I will buy one and leave the stock cooler
m
0
l
!