Are Digital Storm's Sub Zero temperature claims true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The D.s. system uses a peltier, or thermo-electric plates, to heat up one side of a plate which cools the other side, the hotter the hotside gets, the colder the cool side gets,
you have to manage the heat created by the hotside to allow the cold side to do its thing, and in this case it looks like they are using the four rads to do so,
If you set up a regular loop like that you would get a low delta, but not sub-zero, its the Tec that is making the difference there
Moto
The D.s. system uses a peltier, or thermo-electric plates, to heat up one side of a plate which cools the other side, the hotter the hotside gets, the colder the cool side gets,
you have to manage the heat created by the hotside to allow the cold side to do its thing, and in this case it looks like they are using the four rads to do so,
If you set up a regular loop like that you would get a low delta, but not sub-zero, its the Tec that is making the difference there
Moto

Solution

modena1230

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Wow has this sparked my interest! Moto thanks again for supplying great info. After reading the above link i did a littel more info and found this link.
http://etutorials.org/Misc/pc+hardware+tuning+acceleration/Chapter+11+Problems+with+using+Thermoelectric+Elements/Peltier+Modules/

At some point i think i'd like to try this for a custom wc loop. After much research.

Status
Not open for further replies.