Sign in with
Your question

Will a Geforce 310M be sufficient for Cad?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Laptops
  • Geforce
  • CAD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 3, 2010 2:06:03 AM

I'm trying to look for a laptop for college. But I want a Laptop that can run CAD. So far a lot of the models I have looked at have this "geforce M series". Will it work? I thought I would need a dedicated graphics card but I can't quite tell from what I have read. As of right now I would assume it can't but everytime I look at the system requirements for Win-7 64 bit(http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=12...) I change my mind. The wording seems that the graphics dont need to be all that great but for some reason my head is stuck on the idea that I need something beefy to handle it. I've looked at all of the other requirements for Cad like ram and whatnot... I'm straight there. I just need to get this graphics card thing straight.

More about : geforce 310m sufficient cad

a c 169 U Graphics card
a c 244 D Laptop
February 3, 2010 7:52:25 AM

CAD mostly needs a good CPU to run,therefore the effect of a good CPU is more than a VGA,so make sure you will get a good CPU and yes a GT 310M will be fine for it
m
l
a c 107 U Graphics card
February 3, 2010 3:30:09 PM

Just depends on what you're going to be doing. The more powerful a GPU, the easier a time it will have rendering whatever model you're working on. Anyway, if you feel you will be doing alot of complex 3D modeling, then you may want a midrange GPU like a 9600M or a Radeon 4650M. If your 3D modeling will be related to more simple tasks, like designing a single part, then the 310M should be sufficient.
m
l
!