HD Lock From BIOS

jo_795

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
So here is my story:

A friend of mine had both the BIOS LOCKED & HD LOCK FROM BIOS As well on her laptop. I was about to remove the BIOS lock, but the HD password I wasn't able to at all. Its a
WD 160 GB SATA Harddrive . Is there any way to remove this bios lock on the drive with Ultimate boot disk or Hirems? Ive been trying but no luck at all

yonpa

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
If you have not done this manually, this could happen due to a software or hardware error. You can resolve this problem in several ways;
Log into Windows > Start > Run / Search > Type “Command” > Type “Lock sys:eek:n”
This will unlock your ‘C’ drive, if you want to lock this drive you can put the command as “Lock sys:eek:ff”
If this is for another drive, follow the same procedure but replace the drive name instead of ‘sys’
In addition you can check the BIOS settings whether this feature is available. In some BIOS, settings allow this facility
Also, check the jumper settings to unlock and lock the hard drives. Some drives are having this facility.
And you may free to visit and see some solutions regarding to your problem in this site>>

http://www.techyv.com/questions/copy-protected-problem-my-computer

vdumitru85

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
can you take out the battery from BIOS. On Old computers there was a way to take out the cmos battery, but now I do know where the cmos battery is located on the motherboard. When I took out the cmos battery, the system forgoted the time...