Sign in with
Your question

Intel X4500 graphics card, not a gamer.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 3, 2010 3:36:15 AM

Hi, I am wondering if the -integrated- Intel X4500 graphics card is good enough to handle large photoshop files (500MB+ PSD files...) and allow me to paint in photoshop without the image lagging. I have no idea whether the lag is due to a poor graphics card memory or computer memory. The computer I want to buy has 8GB of DDR3 ram, and a 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 processor I think. I dont do any 3D work or gaming and I dont intend to run a billion programs at once.. Just photoshop, the internet, and winamp or something.
Also...
If this card is not good enough, will I be able to override it with a card that is a different brand?

-Thanks, Mona
Sorry, I did notice there were many threads questioning this same card, however I didnt find any threads relating to my exact situation.
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2010 6:27:02 AM

Its excellent for every single thing except gaming
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2010 2:00:52 PM

The GPU is good enough to handle large photoshop files and is probably better at 2D than 9800 GT.
m
l
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
February 3, 2010 2:23:37 PM

It will be great except gaming...
Your plan is great with quad core there, u will be fine... :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2010 5:53:42 PM

Is this a laptop or desktop? Hmm... if you don't already have a 775 motherboard, consider the AMD quadcores as you get more bang for the buck, if you're on a budget.
m
l
February 4, 2010 12:51:58 AM

I initially thought this was an AMD processor but it turned out to be Intel in the store.. Im not doing a custom job on this or anything because its a package deal and is a great value. Its a desktop. Comes with an amazing monitor so its cheaper than if I bought all the components separately!

Thank you for the advise everyone :) 
m
l
!