Thermaltake Water 2.0 performer VS Noctua NH-D14

Hey there , i really can't decide betweeen these two ( Thermaltake Water 2.0 perofmer and Noctua NH-d14) the thermaltake performs better than the noctua keeping cpu cooler , doesnt put a strain on the motherboard and is really quiet , it's in the same price range with the noctua BUT thing is i haven't seen anyone actually having installed it in his PC rig ! So what are your suggestions?
13 answers Last reply
More about thermaltake water performer noctua
  1. To start, note that I have used neither of these.

    From what I've read, the Noctua NH-D14 is ever-so-slightly cooler (< 2°C at overclocked load on an i7 2600K), but is significantly harder to install.

    I would personally go with the ThermalTake, but if you only care about performace, the Noctua would be better.
  2. NHD-14 hands down out preforms that closed loop my vote goes to NHD-14
  3. I would be VERY surprised if the Thermaltake was a better performer.

    The other thing, which bnot missed, is that a closed circuit water cooler is a LOT less reliable than a heatsink - if the fan on the Noctua breaks, the heatsink will keep cooling passively. If the watercooler pump, or any number of other items, breaks, the you're pretty much screwed, as there's then NO cooling on the cpu.
  4. DarkSable said:
    I would be VERY surprised if the Thermaltake was a better performer.

    The other thing, which bnot missed, is that a closed circuit water cooler is a LOT less reliable than a heatsink - if the fan on the Noctua breaks, the heatsink will keep cooling passively. If the watercooler pump, or any number of other items, breaks, the you're pretty much screwed, as there's then NO cooling on the cpu.
    +1
  5. Just get an XSPC kit and be done with it....You won't be sorry for spending an extra $40 on it over those other two coolers
  6. lowjack989 said:
    Just get an XSPC kit and be done with it....You won't be sorry for spending an extra $40 on it over those other two coolers


    nh-d14 is better then most all in one water coolers but as the guy above says get an xspc kit. get the rx240 kit and call it a day. it is like 130 and is about 10*c cooler. i have used the nh-d14 and switched to the xspc and that was the temp improvement i got.
  7. cbrunnem said:
    nh-d14 is better then most all in one water coolers but as the guy above says get an xspc kit. get the rx240 kit and call it a day. it is like 130 and is about 10*c cooler. i have used the nh-d14 and switched to the xspc and that was the temp improvement i got.



    So it is either the Noctua or an XSPC kit , well to be honest i'm on tight budget so i won't be able to afford the XSPC kit :c darn the crisis ,so the Noctua it IS!!! My only concern is the weight of the cooler ( i own a Haf 922 case , known for its Not-so reliable stability )
  8. I say wait on getting the XSPC and just get a Cooler Master 212+ EVO...It is substantially cheaper and just as good as the Noctua...Not to mention it is not as heavy as the Noctua
  9. lowjack989 said:
    I say wait on getting the XSPC and just get a Cooler Master 212+ EVO...It is substantially cheaper and just as good as the Noctua...Not to mention it is not as heavy as the Noctua


    this is bad economic advice. if he is going to wait and save for the xspc you dont buy a 30 dollar cooler. you make do with the stock cooler. so now he is spending 130 instead of 160...
  10. Thank you for pointing that out sir....However, he will have a very reliable back up if problems arise...So, I recommended buying the 212+ or EVO as a quick and cheap way to keep it cool while OCing; then get the RASA or whatever kit the OP could afford after saving up the extra cash...$30.00 is cheap insurance wouldn't you say cbrunnem?
  11. lowjack989 said:
    Thank you for pointing that out sir....However, he will have a very reliable back up if problems arise...So, I recommended buying the 212+ or EVO as a quick and cheap way to keep it cool while OCing; then get the RASA or whatever kit the OP could afford after saving up the extra cash...$30.00 is cheap insurance wouldn't you say cbrunnem?

    That is a very solid point. My apologies for that oversight.
  12. lowjack989 said:
    Thank you for pointing that out sir....However, he will have a very reliable back up if problems arise...So, I recommended buying the 212+ or EVO as a quick and cheap way to keep it cool while OCing; then get the RASA or whatever kit the OP could afford after saving up the extra cash...$30.00 is cheap insurance wouldn't you say cbrunnem?


    My problem is , my current country of residence is Greece , we get extremely hot temperatures here , an example is last week we were getting 29-30 degrees at 5 o'clock in the noon ! I already have a Coolermaster V8 but it just doesnt cut it! That's why i can invest up to 80 euros on a cooler that will just keep my CPU cool ! Aren't there any support brackets or any mods to secure the noctua from moving and to lighten the weight on the motherboard?
  13. Justhavocman said:
    My problem is , my current country of residence is Greece , we get extremely hot temperatures here , an example is last week we were getting 29-30 degrees at 5 o'clock in the noon ! I already have a Coolermaster V8 but it just doesnt cut it! That's why i can invest up to 80 euros on a cooler that will just keep my CPU cool ! Aren't there any support brackets or any mods to secure the noctua from moving and to lighten the weight on the motherboard?


    i had the nh-d14 for about 3 months on what many consider a flimsy board. it was not a problem and i transported the computer many times with no problems. you should definitely get nothing less then the nh-d14. i legit water cooling setup would give you the best temps available
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Motherboards Thermaltake Overclocking