Restrict User Login from 1 PC to domain/pc

pkley

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2004

We have one PC running XP Pro that we only want 2 users to be able to log
onto. The problem is that we're on a NT domain.
Is there a way to restrict who can log on thru a specific machine on NT or
how do I restrict access on XP...

pkley wrote:

> We have one PC running XP Pro that we only want 2 users to be
> able to log onto. The problem is that we're on a NT domain.
> Is there a way to restrict who can log on thru a specific machine
> on NT or how do I restrict access on XP...
Hi

Remove the "<your domain>\Domain Users" from all local groups
on the computer (it is default in the "Users" group).

Then add the domain accounts of the 2 users you want to be able
to log on in one of the local groups ("Users", "Power Users,
or "Administrators").

Be sure that any local user account (e.g. Administrator) have
a password that is not publicly known.

Now only the 2 domain users should be able to logon to the computer
(in addition to all that are members of the "Domain Admins" group
in your domain).

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: