Sign in with
Your question

Radiator for GTX580 and Fractal R3 midi case

Last response: in Overclocking
November 7, 2012 8:59:42 AM

Hi

I am currently looking at attempting my first water cooling PC. I have socket 1155 i7 and single GTX580. Im looking for a radiator good enough to overclock with but handle my CPU/ GPU temps plus fit inside the Fractal R3 midi case.

Also how do i work out down the track if i need another radiator if i add another 580 or new GPU set in sli?

I have seen raditors that fit at the top of the case and the front both looking like slim 2x140mm fan designs.
a c 205 K Overclocking
November 7, 2012 9:30:19 AM

Putting the CPU and GPU on the same loop is doable, however your overclocking goals are very important as to what cooling limitations you'll have under load temperatures.

It will help more if you list what 1155 i7 you have, and your 24/7 overclocking goals?
a b K Overclocking
November 7, 2012 9:34:51 AM

That is going to be a hard fit but this guy pulled it off

Related resources
November 7, 2012 9:44:55 AM

Thanks for the reply guys.

That case mod is a larger case than the midi i have. I don't have a bottom level or extra room/grill at the top. more like this. http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/10/fract...

My cpu is a i7 2600k. i was looking to overclock to maybe 4.2ghz? The GPU i was looking at only minor tweaks as i want it quiet more than beefed.

I was thinking of using the top bay like in your pics cyco where the dvd drive would normally be and remove the bottom hard drive bays also like your pic. I just don't know what radiator i should use to run it all
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 7, 2012 9:48:57 AM

You have mesh for two fans at the top, just cut out the extra one yourself to fit a 360 sized rad
check out the W/c sticky in overclocking section for some tips, but by and large radiators come in multiples of 120 and 140 to cover the most common fan sizes
Moto
November 7, 2012 11:01:24 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
You have mesh for two fans at the top, just cut out the extra one yourself to fit a 360 sized rad
check out the W/c sticky in overclocking section for some tips, but by and large radiators come in multiples of 120 and 140 to cover the most common fan sizes
Moto

Cheers moto! Guide is built for me. Just need to find something that will clear my motherboard.
November 7, 2012 11:13:21 AM

Just as I was getting excited I can't find any full gigabyte GTX580 water blocks. Will the memory be ok with normal fabless syncs or is there a better solution?
a b K Overclocking
November 7, 2012 11:19:37 PM

there are really goods gpu block from Ek the 5x0 are ok also. they are set up for 570/580 same reference design.
!