Help, lost all the files in my pictures, music, videos, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep Blue

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
Help!!

Today I just got home from a long 4 month trip and turn on my comptuer, it was kinda laggy and not responding too well so I shut it down and it installed some windows update.

When I turned on back the computer it wasn't able to boot from my OS drive and lead me to a diagnose problem and repair wizard, it kept searching for the error but it wasn't able to be found so it ask me if I want to reverse my HDD to it's previous state before the error happened, something like that... and I clicked "Yes". Then it started to reverse my HDD.

After the reverse was done and I tried to boot up my computer it constantly lead me to the BSOD and returned me back to disagnose and repair wizard page which it only ask me if I want to report this problem to windows and seems like nothing else could be done, I tried booting my computer about 5 times and it still lead me to the BSOD.

After I thought the only option left was to take out my HDD, put it into another computer to back up all my files and place my HDD back to my original computer and reformat the HDD, but when connect my HDD to my other computer and check my HDD all my personal files in folders like my pictures, my music, my videos, my favorites were all gone!!

This is a nightmare and I'm not sure what has cause this, was it windows update might have caused my HDD to be unbootable, or the reversing my HDD back to it's previous state, or the BSOD. Please help me I'll do anything to get back after all my years of files I've organize and collected.

Any advice, opinions or help would be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Deep Blue

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
I'm really sorry and I apologize for the trouble, due to my poor memory I've just happened to move them to one of my other file storage HDDs. It was odd which I completely have no memory of and the only time when I'm about to move my files is right before I reformat my OS drive. At least I'm just so relief right now that I didn't lost my 5 years of files and thank you for your help and advice Hawkeye22, admin or mods please feel free to close this case, it was only my stupidity after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS