Sign in with
Your question

Is latest Intel DX58SO compatible with i7-950?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 19, 2010 9:31:43 PM

Hi,
I ordered and just received my DX58SO and i7-950. The board version is AA# e29331-703 but the latest that is compatible is 702. Is this right? Will this keep it from booting? If I exchange to newegg how can I be sure to get a compatible board version? The only other processors compatible with this version seem to be Xeon which I don't really want. Thanks for any tips. Also the board doesn't have the 1x4 auxiliary power connector. Is this a change from the earlier versions or is it damaged/missing? Thanks for any help/tips you can provide.
a b V Motherboard
September 19, 2010 11:52:52 PM

bruinjumper said:
Hi,
I ordered and just received my DX58SO and i7-950. The board version is AA# e29331-703 but the latest that is compatible is 702. Is this right? Will this keep it from booting? If I exchange to newegg how can I be sure to get a compatible board version? The only other processors compatible with this version seem to be Xeon which I don't really want. Thanks for any tips. Also the board doesn't have the 1x4 auxiliary power connector. Is this a change from the earlier versions or is it damaged/missing? Thanks for any help/tips you can provide.

Eight pin is compatible with four pin, if you don't have an eight pin connector plug the 4-pin in. A 4-pin plug fits on one side of an 8-pin jack.
m
l
!