PSU Question

shuai

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
I have a Rosewill PSU. It's the Rosewill Xtreme Rx950-s-b. It's two years old. I'm upgrading my computer hardware but don't want to spend more than I need to. I've purchased:

-i5 750 processor
-5850 radeon 1gb
-g. skill 1600mhz ram. (6 gigs)

I want to know if my power supply will be ample for my new hardware. I've heard some bad stories about rosewill's after I purchased mine. I want my hardware to survive a long time. I have had my motherboard fail after 2 years (it slowly died) and purchased a cheapo replacement (foxconn) which lasted for a month before it fried all at once. I brought my psu down to a computer repair business to have them test the psu. They said that it passed their tests and had consistent power supplied to it.

+3.3v (24a) +5v (30a) +12v1 (20a) + 12v2 (20a) +12v3 (20a) +12v4 (20a) -12v (0.5a) +5vsb (3.0a)
Combined power of the +3.3v and +5v = 170w. Combined power of +12v rails =810w(67.5a). Is this a power supply that I can rely won't fry my hardware as long as it hasn't fried itself?

Solution

There's no way of knowing.
The RX line was Rosewills best attempt, ( the 750 earned jonnyguru reccomended status ) and 950 watts is much more than your system will need, put it together and don't sweat it.

There's no way of knowing.
The RX line was Rosewills best attempt, ( the 750 earned jonnyguru reccomended status ) and 950 watts is much more than your system will need, put it together and don't sweat it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS