H-I41-uATX (Eton) Replacement

G

Hello,

I apologize for making one of this threads that seem to get asked often on these forums, but the specified MB just died on me.
It's a Compaq Presario CQ5231UK PC, still under warranty, but HP is a pain about replacing this as I'm abroad and can't really get much support.
Question is, what MB would you suggest as a replacement to the current one (H-I41-uATX (Eton))?
Not sure if I can post links but I'll try just in case: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01912452&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_dk/c01912452/loc:2&lc=en&dlc=da&cc=dk&lang=da&product=4038026#N2188

Much appreciated!

You can use any newer micro atx 775 you want. I suggest another g41 or g43 ddr3 board that supports your cpu. But you will need to reinstall windows with a new coa keycode to reactivate it. Your old installation only works with your original motherboard. I've used biostar, ecs, asus, msi, and asrock boards. Any of these brands should work fine. Try to get the backplate with them; some are sold refurbished or used without any accessories. If you check your hp case connector to the board, it should fit any 9 pin cluster for the case led's on another brand of motherboard. I've even offset the connector, leaving the unwired section hanging out of the cluster of pins and still gotton all the led lights for the case to work. If you want to try to find your original board, check ebay for used ones. Most go for around $75 plus shipping.