Help on deciding a desktop

Ok so im wondering which computer of these two are better, i know they are not the best but i am trying to order one of these computers from qvc with their flex payment option with my monthly budget.

I am NOT looking to do gaming of any sort. What i am mainly looking to do is email, facebook, webchats with the LEAST amount of lag, and occasional photoshop without freezing

I'm a bit sketchy with ordering from Zt since ive heard some bad reviews and some good reviews about their customer service
which one of these would freeze the least?
Also if i were to get the HP would i be able to upgrade the proccesor without voiding my warranty?
Thanks

HP Compaq
* 2.3GHz AMD Sempron processor LE-1300 (L2: 512 mb cache)
* NVIDIA nForce MCP61P chipset
* 2GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM
* 320GB SATA hard drive
* LightScribe SuperMulti DVD burner
* NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE graphics with 256MB integrated shared graphics memory, up to 895MB total available memory
* Integrated six-speaker configurable audio
* 56K modem
* 10/100 Base-T ethernet
* USB keyboard
* USB optical mouse
* Two front USB 2.0 ports
* Four back USB 2.0 ports
* VGA, LAN ports
* Headphone/microphone/line-in, out jacks
* PCI/PCI Express slots
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit
* Microsoft Works 9
* Norton Internet Security 2010 with 60 days of live updates
* CyberLink DVD Suite Deluxe
* Measures approximately 6-1/2"W x 16-7/8"D x 15-1/8"H
* UL listed; 1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
* Made in China
OR

Zt systems

* 2.5GHz Intel Celeron processor E3300 (Dual core and 1mb of L2 cache)
* Intel G31/ICH7 chipset
* 2GB DDR2 RAM
* 320GB SATA hard drive
* DVD+/-RW optical drive
* Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
* Six-channel high-definition audio CODEC
* 104-key keyboard
* Optical mouse
* 10/100 ethernet
* Front panel 19-in-1 digital multimedia card reader
* Six audio ports
* Four back USB 2.0 ports
* Two front USB 2.0 ports
* Two PS/2 keyboard/mouse ports
* RJ-45 port
* VGA port
* COM port
* PCI/PCI Express slots
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit
* Symantec Norton Internet Security 2010 90-day trial
* Measures approximately 13-7/8"H x 7-1/8"W x 16-7/8"D
* UL listed; 2-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
* Assembled in USA

i honestly don't care about what type of graphics card i have just want a decent processor and chipset
4 answers Last reply
More about help deciding desktop
  1. The celeron is better. The sempron is a single core.

I can beat either one of those deals for you if your in USA.
  2. You don't want to upgrade anything with an oem system while it's still in warranty. Get the cpu you ultimately want upfront, or save some more $$ for a better system. I use the e3300 in my system; bought it from frys with board for $35 after rebate. It has plenty of performance for what you want to do and some light gaming.
  3. Thanks for the replys
    Can someone tell me which on of these has a better chipset please? :)
  4. Both chipsets are used on low end systems. I have both, and either one will work fine. Again, I recommend the best bang for the buck; if the e3300 is only a few dollars more and you can afford it, then it's a better choice due to the cpu, not the chipset. DDR2 is being phased out, but I still use it. If you plan on keeping your system longer, then a ddr3 board is what you want. But if it costs $100 more or you can't afford it, then go ahead and get one of the two systems you list. The boards will still be available in a few years; the g31 is very common and so many have been manufacturered that you will still find it later on. I have a g31 and g41 board, and 2 6150se boards. The 6150 boards are by two different manufacturers but are so alike that I can interchange the same windows installation for either one. Only one driver changes when I switch using the same hardrive. It's an ideal setup having a spare board. I live near Frys so the boards are often free with their combo specials.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs